Living in Fear

Discussion in 'Support' started by tinnitussufferer, Aug 18, 2015.

1. tinnitussufferer
      Angry

tinnitussufferer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2004
      I am living in constant fear of tinnitus (and other stuff). i never know when this is going to get worse. When the next spike will happen, what tone and how loud it will be. I take plenty of care to avoid loud noises and I still get spikes. I even worry whether it could lead to deafness?

2. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      Don't worry. I was like you thinking the same thoughts a year back. I said to myself what is the point in worrying about what will happen if my tinnitus gets worse in the future. Worrying about what could happen was only making my tinnitus worse. So now I don't even think about it . What will be will be. No good dwelling on the future move on enjoy your life.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    3. Georgia
      Thinking

Georgia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Couldn't agree more, my ENT is curious to whether my hearing condition is progressive and I could worry like I have done a few times but then I think it is better forget and move on what happens happens then at least I can say I didn't let it eat away at me. good luck :)

• Like Like x 2
    4. Yep, the real way we win against this T nonsense is to ignore it until we forget we're ignoring it and then just keep going. Not saying it's easy but it can be done and it's really all we have until there is a medical cure. You know the old saying, "Mind over matter: if you don't mind, it don't matter."

• Like Like x 2