Long Time Tinnitus Sufferer Here, Sudden Spike Like Never Before...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Victor5535, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Victor5535

Victor5535 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      HI !

First post here, hope i am doing this correctly.

Lately i had a sudden "spike" in my T, something i had never experience before. Now, i've had episodes where my Tinnitus got really bad because of stress or something like that , but this is something totally different.

I woke up one morning and my ringing was different. Im used to the tone of it changing ocasionally or maybe getting a bit louder, but this time it was insanely loud. What is weird is that i can hear the " old tinnitus" on top of the new one. Basically i have 2 ringings in my ear right now.

Things that could have been a factor is that i have recently started living on my own, so i have been eating terribly which could affect it. The second thing is that i had a pretty terrible Reflux episode lately ( i suffer from Acid reflux) but honestly those episodes have happenes my entire life, so i dont see how that could be it. Finnaly, it could be Wax i guess? i try to clean it with a Q tip ( i know, not the correct way to do it) and the inside of my ear actually hurts which leads me to believe that there is Dry / hard wax deeper inside my ear

Can anyone related to any of these things? Usually these spikes go away quickly but this one has been lasting for a month. It got better a few weeks ago but its back to being really loud now. In over 10 years of dealing with tinnitus, this is totally new to me.

Thanks

Victor.

2. Stink

Stink Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2000
      tinnitus can change suddenly. without reason.

have you visited a ear nose throat doctor?

they can see if you have wax buildup or other issues.

use oil to soften the wax! or over the counter wax drops! never use q-tips! haven't you been taught that Q-tips are the worst for ears, they put the wax farther in the ear canal! stop using them!

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Victor5535

Victor5535 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi

Yeah i have been using olive oil actually, thats why i dont believe its wax. Its just so random.

I think it has something to do with acid reflux honestly. A friend of mine that also has tinnitus once told me that the ringing started after a random night where he got some sort of food poisoning. He puked and felt really bad and the morning after he got tinnitus. I had a Pretty bad episode of acid reflux a few nights before the ringing got bad, but its something ive had my entire life so i dont see how it could be it, even tho it does sound reasonable.

4. Manuel Tissm
      Angry

Manuel Tissm Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Hi
      read this:
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/tinnitus-gone-after-3-years-only-new-medicine-nexium.5697/

5. Terje788

Terje788 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi Victor,

In my 13 month experience, there's undoubtedly a connection between tinnitus and the health of your gut. I think it's the vagus nerve (or branches of it) which run from down in your colon into your ears.

The idea among some nutritionists is that a poor microbiome and an excess of candida growth can cause or exacerbate tinnitus. The usual combination of diet (cutting yeast & sugar), exercise, and supplements (quality probiotics) will address this. If you're really stressed, a change or modification in lifestyle will be needed to deal with that as stress rips apart your immune system. Otherwise it's a matter of diet and cutting the ingredients (sugar & yeast) that lead to poor intestinal health.

Even though it's high in carbohydrates, I've found that starting the day with a bowl of buckwheat groats has been hugely beneficial. It's gluten-free, keeps you full for ages, and the nutrition apparently gets right into the colon to promote good bacterial growth.

There's an underground theory that idiopathic SNHL can be induced through terrible gut health. Granted this can't be proven, but professionally, when the word 'idiopathic' is attached, the field of interpretation is pretty wide open.

Edit: oh I see this thread is 2 years old. Well the points remain nonetheless :)