Long Time with Tinnitus — Worsened After Non-Arteritic Anterior Ischemic Optic Neuropathy (NAION)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Stacy Carroll, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Stacy Carroll

Stacy Carroll Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello everyone.

I've had tinnitus for as long as I can remember. I rarely noticed it and when I did, it was always in the background and easy to tune out. I was also born deaf in my left ear (single sided deafness or SSD) and never had any major issues other than not hearing in stereo and not knowing direction from sound...

Until a little over four years ago at age 48 when I woke one morning with about 25% of the vision in my right (dominant) eye gone from Non-Arteritic Anterior Ischemic Optic Neuropathy (NAION).

Over the next few days, the eye went dark. And tinnitus turned up the volume. Tinnitus seems to scream the loudest when my right eye is causing the most discomfort.

When I mention this to my doctors, they say they've never heard of such. Can someone kindly point me towards the SSD/NAION/Tinnitus support group? LOL :)

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. katri
      Chatty

katri Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      :huganimation: Hi!! I’m sorry I have no idea where that is but I’d like to say that I’m sending positivity your way and I’ll be praying for you. I’m sorry that you’re going through a hard time and if you need any support, I’d love to talk to you. Just remember that you aren’t alone in what you’re going through. Stay safe and happy holidays!!!

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Stacy Carroll

Stacy Carroll Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks so much for your kind words! All prayers and positive energy accepted and appreciated. I never knew that adapt and overcome would take so long with my issues. I will remember your kindness when upon bended knee.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      Greg Sacramento, hi my friend. I am in way over my head here and Stacy Carroll here had an eye trauma, I know you did as well. I am sorry in advance if this is a burden for you or not in your realm of expertise. Thanks in advance Greg.

Sincerely,
      Daniel

5. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      @Greg Sacramento

6. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      • Hug Hug x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Stacy Carroll

Stacy Carroll Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      My eyes were tired, causing me discomfort and tinnitus screamed louder than ever the other night as I was riding with my wife to get groceries.

I closed my eyes to rest them and the volume of the tinnitus went way down.

Opening my eyes turned the volume up again so I kept them closed.

That lasted for a few hours and then stopped.

Anyone ever know of anything like that?