Looking for a Way Out!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Norwegian, Jan 20, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Norwegian

Norwegian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      IBD
      Hi. My tinnitus started 6 years ago. I have had many investigations, but no solution. I believe that what I suspected first; my inflammatory bowel disease, is the cause behind my problem. I believe that somatic tinnitus to a very great extent is caused by muscles pulling on spine or neck. But doctors do not understand. Views?

2. undecided
      Fine

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      If you believe inflammation might be the cause, a short course of corticosteroids will help verify your diagnosis.
      If you believe that muscle issues are the culprit, Cyclobenzaprine will help.

In both cases, you will get temporary relief at best (that is, if your self-diagnosis is correct).
      In any case, there is no way out of tinnitus unless it decides to go away by itself, which at present is the only cure available.

3. Norwegian

Norwegian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      IBD
      Hi undecided. Thank you! Yes, finally I am going to try prednisolone for my condition. Should have be done a long time ago, but... I also have a condition called DISH syndrome ( diffuse idiopatic skeleton hyperostosis) which may contribute. Body is fun. Benzoes have given me relief, but is no way forward. Tinnitus is a symptom, so there is a cause in there somewhere...;)

4. ceauses97
      Speechless

ceauses97 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/12/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music/chemotherapy/hypercalcemia
      fint å se noen fra Norge her hehe

hope everything goes well for you!

• Like Like x 1
    5. AnxiousJon
      Magical

AnxiousJon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety, Insomnia, and a Fan at Night
      Take high-quality(purity) MSM. It's a natural anti-inflamitory, and won't interact negatively with treatments you go through. Just don't take a high dose till your stomach is used to it or you'll experience digetive discomfort.

6. jeannie
      Stressed

jeannie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced, Ear Infection, Medication... Who knows?
      What. Is msm?do you get it at a health store?