Looking for Advice on Sleep with Tinnitus — Botox?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Avabelle, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Avabelle

Avabelle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Early 2015
      My T gets worse at night from pillow pressure. I have clicking, popping and hissing through the night and it wakes me up and screws up my sleep. I sleep through some of it - but it often wakes me up in the night. I feel that this is caused by sleeping on my side and the pressure of the pillow/gravity triggers the Eustachian tube dysfunction.

I have tried sleeping on my back (which helps the T a lot) but I feel like I can't breathe. I am being treated for sleep apnea and should have a CPAP soon.

Any ideas on how I can get a better night sleep? I have though of seeing a ENT for a shot of Botox in my ears...has anyone tied this?

What are the options for treatment of Eustachian tube dysfunction caused by injury?

PS. I have two fans blowing at night (white noise) and they help a bit....Thanks!

2. suera

suera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2010
      I listen to white noise 24/7 iPod/earpiece and I take ambien.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Avabelle

Avabelle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Early 2015
      Does this help? Where do I find a white noise recording?

4. suera

suera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2010
      The only one that I've found that helps me is the Moses Lang CD, last track, from the Oregon Hearing Institute.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Avabelle

Avabelle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Early 2015
      Thanks. I will ask my GP about this...I may have to get surgery inside my ears.

6. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Ask your dentist make you a mouth guard to wear over your lower teeth.
      It will take pressure off your jaw joint and middle ear and more comfortable when sleeping on your side....lots of love glynis