Looking for Feedback — Anti-Inflammatory Lifestyle

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by Jenni8619, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Jenni8619
      Inspired

Jenni8619 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      What are your thoughts on the ketogenic diet? I don't know anything about it. I would like to learn more about this diet. I'll be doing my own research but thought I would ask to see if anyone has positive feedback.

I am more concerned about learning how to live an anti-inflammatory lifestyle than specifically weight loss.

Thank you :)

Jenni

2. michael senishen

michael senishen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi Jenni. Seems as though this type of "diet" might be one of staying away from carbohydrates, or more, "simple types" of carbohydrates. Depending on what you read, positives and negatives galore!! It's so hard to differentiate between what might work, and what won't. You're just going to have to try. However, it is well known that inflammation is "key" to many "maladies" in health today, fish oils, turmeric, ginger, bosweilla, among others are "supposed" to help with inflammation. I actually take all. I have also looked into the links that excess glutamates may pose a problem. As an "aging" bodybuilder, my glutamates are rather high, I eat many high protein foods, and for the life of me I just don't know if I'm actually doing myself harm or not. What works for one person might not work for another.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jenni8619
      Inspired

Jenni8619 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you @michael senishen! I've changed my diet/lifestyle the last few weeks, eating less carbs, not quite keto, slow progress but I've noticed I've been feeling better :)

4. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
      I am sure an "anti-inflammatory lifestyle" would be helpful in cases where there is an autoimmune component behind an individual's medical condition (e.g. eczema, arthritis, uveitis). Tinnitus? Not so much...

• Like Like x 1
    5. Horizon
      No Mood

Horizon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ?
      I've just finished reading the clever guts diet by DrMichael Mosley. The book is about how having the right microbes in your gut can have an anti-inflammatory effect on the body. It was a very interesting. This website outlines the basics. https://cleverguts.com/

• Like Like x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jenni8619
      Inspired

Jenni8619 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you @Horizon :) I will check out the website from your post.

• Like Like x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jenni8619
      Inspired

Jenni8619 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown