Looking for Help/Advice Please, Pulsating Tinnitus Since 2014

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ash2188, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Ash2188

Ash2188 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Looking for advice. I have had pulsating tinnitus for about 3 years. I got an ear infection at the beginning of 2014 took a while to see my GP but got ear drops and then when I went for a check up and was told the infection was gone however my symptoms weren't.

My left ear continues to feel blocked with a weird numb feeling which feels like it's deep inside my ear. I don't always have pulsating tinnitus but my ear always feels blocked.

When I get the tinnitus it's worse if I turn my head to the right or look down. Sometimes it's so loud and distracting.

I'm just trying to find out if anyone else has had this and what it was and if it can be fixed as I feel like the blocked feeling and my hearing is slowly getting worse.

I also have chronic sinusitis so I'm wondering if it would be related to that? Also I am unable to equalise either ear.

Thank you in advance for any replies

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. EatMoTacos
      No Mood

EatMoTacos Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music and being dumb
      How did your PT start? Which is it mainly? What do you mean you don't always have PT does it subside after a few days then come back?

I've always had an issue with blocked ear on my PT ear which is my left ear. I am the same, when I move my head down or certain positions my PT increases and I can hear the blood flow increase ten fold. My blocked ear started with a airplane trip I had in 2007. I can't equalize my left ear as easy as I can my right. It could be possible that the ET could be not reacting correctly or could be caused of the PT as well. Not too sure on this. Maybe someone else could offer advice?

I took prednisone and I feel the blocked feeling has gotten worse in my left ear. Don't know if it's the muscles around my ear or the ET but every once in a while I get a sharp pain around my ear.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ash2188

Ash2188 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I got the ear infection and blocked feeling at the same time and I'm not sure if the PT started then as well or soon after. But I definitely didn't have it before that.

So some days it's a lot louder and very noticeable and then other days I can forget about it because it's either not there or it's just not as bad I'm not sure if it's ever gone completely.

I currently have a sinus infection and find it's worse and the blocked feeling is worse but it's only the left ear that's blocked. So that's why I'm wondering if it could have something to do with having chronic sinusitis? I have had sinus infections every winter since I was around 14 and I'm now 28. If I get a cold or flue I always get a sinus infection as well.

4. layzell

layzell Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      inner ear infection
      I get the blocked ear effect but in my case that's because I went deaf in that ear following Meniere's disease. I'm trying to find out whether I've got pulsative tinnitus or the other type. How much time is there between the pulses in your case, very roughly? In other words can you describe what the pulses sound like? My pulses sound like someone dropping a loosely stacked pile of books on the floor, a sort of rrruumpp! Sometimes the sound repeats a few times but not always. It's not easy to find out whether it is technically called called pulsative tinnitus or not.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ash2188

Ash2188 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Mine sounds like my heart beat but in my ear and is in time with my heart beat and I'll have it for hours at a time sometimes

6. layzell

layzell Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      inner ear infection
      A heart beat is two beats that occur one immediately after the other I think, isn't it? Something about the upper ventricle and the lower one both beating? So would you say that your tinnitus pulse rate is the rate at which these beats follow each other or is it your heart rate? I experience one rate, about 10 pulses a second during each rruummpp sound but a much slower rate between each rrummpp. I think it's important for us to know what we mean when we use the term "frequency" in connection with tinnitus.

7. Wheels73

Wheels73 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Hello.. I have a rumble in my left ear. It sounds like distant machinery being operated like a jcb. Mine pulses with my heartbeat but I guess it's a constant rumble that's slightly interrupted with each beat. Do you think mine is pulsile? It also gets louder if a bend my head down but a sudden flick back of the head or if shake my head also disturbs it if only for a second! Just weird!

8. SCORPION

SCORPION Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Usmc shooting weapons
      Go to the ENT doctor and go from there ... CURLY