Losing All Hope, How Can I Cope?

Discussion in 'Support' started by sonicboom2000, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
      So anti - depressant, an anti epileptic , latuda - for schizophrenia , buspar - wide range of usage but pretty harmless apparently. I don't know this drugs and am not a doctor, but one doesn't need to be to know that anti-depressants are often the reason for T. If you'd been taking them for long before T started, that may be the cause. Now taking anything that messes up with your CNS is potentially risky. My suggestion is release you brains from synthetic drugs, slowly, and you might be better. Adding even more drugs is a vicious circle. I state that my T is at its calmest when I take nothing at all, no vasodilatateurs, no vinpocetine or ginko or whatever I took. Benzo only very occasionally if I really need to sleep. If it can't get worse it can get better or not improve in the worse case, but anyway, you won't stay on these drugs for the rest of your life, will you ? And as sb said before, a support group in real life would surely do you good..you know, hang on till there's a cure..Stay with your parents if you have to, that's not the worst thing that can happen, you will have some support at hand. If you're a web designer, you could work from home ?

2. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Recently, I have been trying Magnesium Orotate for a few days and it could be a coincidence but the T seems to be taken down a notch. I heard that chronic stress can lower magnesium and many Americans are deficient in this mineral. Time will tell if this will help me long term. I wish you the best and hope you get better soon.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sonicboom2000
      Sad

sonicboom2000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      All snri and ssri can cause tinnitus. In fact I think it was cymbalta that gave it to me really bad. However Remeron isn't a typical antidepressant so it doesn't have it as a side effect. I make sure my meds don't list tinnitus as a side effect which is a challenge because so many do. I even switch my high blood pressure med because it listed tinnitus as a side effect. Most of the meds probably arn't effecting my tinnitus but it's so bad and I don't want it to get worse I am very cautious.

Oh I'm also on Provigil, but for sleep apnea as I'm always so very tired.

4. Dubbyaman
      Angry

Dubbyaman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Excessive loud noise
      Its an ore deal.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sonicboom2000
      Sad

sonicboom2000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Tinnitus really suck. I can get through a depression knowing it won't last forever so I can power through. People get through the flu and colds or a broken bone because they know in time things will be better. However, with Tinnitus I know things aren't going to get better, more like they will get worse. I can't take it anymore. I want out.

There is no effective treatment let alone cure. This is so terrible. I just want some peace and quiet. Please God give me some peace and quiet. I really need it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      @sonicboom2000, I seen you mentioned sleep apnea in a earlier post. Have you ever had a sleep study done? Poor sleep could make your tinnitus worse.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sonicboom2000
      Sad

sonicboom2000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Yeah I have severe sleep apnea. I've been treated for it with cpap for the last 2 years so I don't think that's it.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sonicboom2000
      Sad

sonicboom2000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I feel like my ENT has totally let me down. Why hasn't he looked for the cause of it? Why havn't we determined that. Could it be a neck issue? A jaw issue. The brain? What the heck is causing this extreme torture.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sonicboom2000
      Sad

sonicboom2000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      You know when I was on Cymbalta I noticed myself constantly grinding my teeth. Could this have cause the tinnitus? do people who mess up there jaw have constant Tinnitus that doesn't go away? Is their a way to correct it?

10. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      I have a CPAP also and a oral appliance for TMJ disorder and sleep apnea. I've been using the appliance only as I don't like the CPAP too well. I suppose the appliance would prevent teeth clenching somewhat also.

Your ENT probably doesn't know what to recommend for you like most ENT's.

11. dh42

dh42 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Buspar can cause ear ringing too. My Tinnitus started when I was taking it, but I don't think it was the cause...I think it was a weird, louder noise from some headphones I was using for some online training I was doing at work as the ringing came on at that moment. I also have some hearing loss (which is probably the real cause).

12. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Dan I thought that you may have found some miracle cure since you are no longer posting here:)
      Good to hear from you!

• Hug Hug x 1