Loss of Feeling in the Inner Ear, Side of Head or Face Along with My Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Finnigan, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Finnigan
      Stressed

Finnigan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Injury maybe
      I am wondering if anyone has lost feeling in the inner ear, side of head or face with your tinnitus. I can't even feel a Q-tip.

Thank you.

Finn

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    3. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      @Bill Bauer Cause is often radiation for/or with therapy that affected the facial nerve. @Finnigan
      Second cause is dental or jaw trauma usually where infection has set in.

The facial nerve is complex and it can also involve anything on one side of the head and jaw.

Some questions: Needed for the right type of treatment.
      Does your lips feel sore?
      Is your high cheek area numb?
      Do you have a burning sensation in mouth?
      Does your teeth hurt?
      Saliva - more, less or the same as always?
      Do you have any involuntary movements of lips or tongue?
      Does your eyes hurt. Headaches?

• Like Like x 2
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Finnigan
      Stressed

Finnigan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Injury maybe
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Finnigan
      Stressed

Finnigan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Injury maybe
      Also, I have been intubated multiple times One intubation caused severe sinus trauma and blood loss through eyes. I wonder if this caused some damage to sinus, E tubes? I waa heavily bleeding out of both eyes so god only knows what else happened with intubation tube and NG tube.

6. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      This sounds like more of a problem, than just having tinnitus. Possibly go to a dr and have it checked out.

• Agree Agree x 2
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Finnigan
      Stressed

Finnigan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Injury maybe
      I have. They just blow it off as surgical side effects. Now these " surgical side effects" are causing severe Tinnitus, balance and fullness problems . Wonderful. Just wonderful.

8. -serotonin-
      Frantic

-serotonin- Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 20, 2018 (probably?)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No clue.
      That's kinda scary and it's not just tinnitus. Have you gone to the doctor about it? Is there muscle weakness like in a lopsided smile or if you scrunch your eyebrows do they scrunch equally? Did this just happen or has it been around for a while? If it occurred suddenly it could have been a small stroke or something to cause the numbness, or it could have been the radiation if it occurred slowly. I don't know too much about radiation damage. Can that happen fast? Is there numbness elsewhere?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Finnigan
      Stressed

Finnigan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Injury maybe
      Shoot I just remembered something. I have really bad heart rythmn problems when I move my head up or down so maybe the Tinnitus is cause by blood flow prob? Hell IDK.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Finnigan
      Stressed

Finnigan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Injury maybe
      Not a stroke. Got checked out. The facial numbness came on gradually but the hard facial twitching happened a few seconds before this round of tinnitus started. I just noticed the inside ear numbness yesterday.

11. -serotonin-
      Frantic

-serotonin- Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No clue.
      Circulation problems can totally cause tinnitus and numbness if not enough blood can get to the ears. Does the outside part feel cold to the touch?

• Like Like x 1
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Finnigan
      Stressed

Finnigan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Injury maybe
      Anatomical abnormalities

Upper left two ribs removed
      Upper left sternum removed
      Half of left clavical removed
      Some nerves in left chest removed

All ear issues now are on left side

Left chest concaved and unstable.

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Finnigan
      Stressed

Finnigan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Injury maybe

My body cannot regulate body temperature on left side so I cannot feel temperature internally on that side nor does my body produce any objective (visual) temperature response on left side.

14. -serotonin-
      Frantic

-serotonin- Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No clue.
      Well, if you're sure it isn't life-threatening and the only new symptom is the twitching, I guess you could just wait a little and see if it subsides and if it doesn't, go to the doctor.

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Finnigan
      Stressed

Finnigan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Injury maybe
      I did have a cerebral angio to test for subclavian steel syndrome which would produce ear problems and that was negative but they did find that my heart rythmn went bad with head movement so intermitent blood flow issue could still be a contributing factor I would assume. (Can't get spell to work-sorry) lol

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Finnigan
      Stressed

Finnigan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Injury maybe
      Thank you for your reply. No I don't think this is directly life threatening. :)

17. Greg Sacramento

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thyroid - overactive - body won't regulate temperature and often just on one side, but I doubt that is a problem because of dry mouth.
      External jugular vein - can relate to lungs and ribs trauma and heart rhythm, but I doubt the jugular is much involved.
      Facial nerve causing numbness, tinnitus and what we discuss above. Most likely relates to nerves in mouth.

Have you had any of these blood and urine tests?
      Urinalysis complete with reflex to culture RANDOM
      *PSA total SERIUM
      **CBC with differential and platelets
      **Comprehensive metabolic panel
      **Hemoglobin A with calculated mean plasma glucose
      *Culture varied

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    18. -serotonin-
      Frantic

-serotonin- Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No clue.
      I’m assuming you slept at some point last night and since sleeping basically has the same effect as turning a device off and back on, how do you feel? Has the twitching subsided?

19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Finnigan
      Stressed

Finnigan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Injury maybe
      Hi Greg, I have had almost every blood test out there. MRIs, CTs cerebral angio. Ultra sounds. I’ve has multiple blood clots so they’ve scanned me many times. I should be glowing by now. Lol

Hi Seratonin, I have been sleeping a lot and significantly worse. So much fun

20. Greg Sacramento

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Finnigan There's over 200 reasons for facial numbness where about half can relate to tinnitus/hearing loss. Hopefully, but maybe not so on possibilities that yours test and doctors may not have discovered. Stroke had examination. Bell's Palsy, otosclerosis, myoclonus, middle ear infection, labyrinthitis, cholesteatoma had examination ? Nasopharyngeal possible as that can go undiscovered for some time, but still that would had surfaced by now.

From two mentions (years apart) from you bending forward bringing on tinnitus seems to me to be key.
      A previous head injury that's affecting peripheral nerves or the facial nerve when bending forward. Eustachian tube is probably not cause as with Meniere's or MS.

TMJ with maybe also having a small jaw and thorax is possible, along with peripheral nerve stress causing reaction to the facial nerve from a long ago head injury is all that I can think of. This would also be inline with the questions that you answered above. Your surgeries could point to something else and that just might.

• Like Like x 1
    21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Finnigan
      Stressed

Finnigan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Injury maybe
      Hi Greg, I think you are correct as this is likely anatomical or TMJ or both. My jaw hurts a lot as well. I do worry about Meniere’s though because my Mom had it so bad and now my oldest brother has symptoms of it as well.

22. Greg Sacramento

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sometimes chromosomes are studied in relation to your surgery and what you have going on, although that's extremely rare to be a problem. I saw your mention about Meniere's and it is on the list for facial numbness, but it doesn't fix with most of the questions that you answered. I will have to say that I just don't know if Meniere's is a strong possibility.

Let's explore the possibilities of peripheral nerves and the jaw.
      If you lay on a pillow FLAT on your back, does your tinnitus increase?

23. Greg Sacramento

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I had this in notebook. A man's lungs were restricted/ bilateral ribs and had difficulty with inhalation because his head wasn't rested property in a dental chair headset. His neck was bent forward and he received somatic dysfunction of neck and the occipitoatlantal joint causing facial numbness, hearing loss, tinnitus and pulsatile tinnitus. The maxilla was pulled and impinged upon the mandible. Occipital neuralgia, facet joints, peripheral and deep fiber nerves, muscles of the neck, trapezius muscle, lumber and c-spine were traumatized with loss of normal lordosis.

This would be much closer to what happened to me than you, but ribs and lung trauma appears possible to have an association. My facial numbness also relates to damaged nerves in mouth from dental.

The Still technique by osteopathic treatment maybe helpful for this, but I haven't try it.

24. Ray552

Ray552 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma
      Did your numbness resolve ? And did you find out what was causing it ? I’m facing the same issue rn @Finnigan