Lost My Hearing from iPhone 12 Pro Sound Blast

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by MarieH, Nov 18, 2023.

1. MarieH

MarieH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Traumatic head injury from iPhone 12 Pro lost hearing blast
      I picked up my iPhone 12 Pro to respond to a call. I received a sound blasted to my head. I fell against the back wall in a grocery store. My head in severe pain, I felt like it had been crushed. I went blank, my head, my eyes, my ears all blank, nothing was real... just a dizzying mist all around me. I became unaware of my surroundings, dazed and in pain, my entire body went limp.

Three months like this, unable to walk without falling, unable to hear a word, unable to eat, nausea all the time, just like I was going to die and I wanted to. A sound blast from my iPhone 12 Pro did this and it took only a second.

A year and a half later, still have many residual effects from this blast. It took a second to inflict permanent damage, just a second, like getting hit with a bomb!

• Hug Hug x 6
    2. Bob Dweller

Bob Dweller Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2023
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing Loss, most probably
      I am sorry to read about your experience, seems really terrible!

I hope you are feeling better overall!

I'm curious, what caused the iPhone to blast a sound so loudly? Was it some sort of defect?

3. Matchbox
      Wishful

Matchbox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced, Prednisone (drones), Barotrauma (distortions)
      Holy shit. If you lost hearing/couldn't walk, did you ever get checked out by an ENT for a fistula?

If it really was a blast of sound, it isn't unheard of.

4. Earsaremiracle

Earsaremiracle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2023
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden loud noise from iPhone 16
      I just recently had it too. I wish I never picked up the phone. Struggling 5 weeks now. Hoping it will heal.

• Hug Hug x 2