Loud Drone at Night so disturbing

Discussion in 'Support' started by sgal, Jan 27, 2014.

1. sgal

sgal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2005
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ? probably hearing loss.
      Hello,

I'm new here but have already received wonderful support from this community. People are positive and that's what I need for sure. I'm writing about the most difficult time of day I'm having with this new T. At night my head is full of a loud drone. It really seems like it's in my head rather than my ears. In the day, the T seems to diminish quite a bit and I have more of a perception that it is in my ears. I wear hearing aids but I can't wear them at night because they're uncomfortable. I feel like part of the problem is that since I can't wear the aids at night, I'm not getting the masking that the aids provide during the day. I've tried listening to music, etc. at night but it's hard for me to hear it without my hearing aids in, especially in my right ear where my loss is greatest.

I guess I'm wondering if this terrible drone might quiet down as my brain adjusts to this new level and manifestation of T. As I've already explained elsewhere, I'm not new to T. I've just recently experienced louder T and T for the first time in my left ear. I was totally habituated to my old T. If you know what I'm talking about with the head noise, I'd love to hear from you and also anything that you or know to do to help. I am sleeping OK, sometimes that's with help but when I wake up with this loud sound in my head, it dominates my senses and I freak out a little. Thank you for your help which I know I'll get here. Your reaching out is amazing to me, especially sense some of you have recovered enough that you could have moved on but yet you're here helping others. Thanks.

• Hug Hug x 3