Loud Low Humming Sound When Upside Down

Discussion in 'Support' started by Telis, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      If I drop my head down until my it is upside down, I get a loud hum and my ears feel very full. Is this normal? Is this a T thing, or maybe something that people without T would experience?

I have been unsure since the onset of my T if my ears are plugged or just feel that way.

Thx

Telis

2. Lisa Robinson
      Depressed

Lisa Robinson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      19/09/2013
      Hey I can't relate to this because mines all the time. Does the tinnitus only happen when you do this or all the time?

3. flkb
      Amazed

flkb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/01/2012
      I'm hearing a loud hum/vibrating noise too but it's not dependent in which position I'm in. Ears feel full too. Not sure if I should!d get it checked or not but I'd rather not waste copay just to hear then tell me sorry there's nothing they can do....

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      I have bad high pitched T all the time, but my ears also feel full and get a low roar which seems to get worse when my head is dropped. Feels like my heads going to explode actually...I realized this when doing push-ups....my regular T gets worse as does the low roar and the pressurized feeling. I wonder if it has something to do with Eustachian tubes not functioning properly.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Yeah this is my fear too...I had my ears checked a while ago at a ENT, 10 min appointment maybe. Barely looked at my ears and told me I had tinnitus. Wow...thanks!

6. flkb
      Amazed

flkb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/01/2012

I used to run on the treadmill for a few miles but had to stop because I would hear the sound of the treadmill reverberating in my ears loudly for the next several hours. It was never explained why that was the case...

7. Lisa Robinson
      Depressed

Lisa Robinson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      19/09/2013
      I find when walking my ears Pop or ring when walking or landing heavy. Upside down I haven't done that yet may try.

8. MattK

MattK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/13/2014
      In general if I'm upside down like you describe my ears feel more full. I think that is normal as all the fluids rush to the cranial area. And that does make T worse when Eustachian tubes act up.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    9. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      Could be an inner ear fluid disorder like cochlear hydrops or benign paroxysmal positional vertigo...

• Informative Informative x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Guess I will have to do some research. Thanks

11. flkb
      Amazed

flkb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/01/2012
      I hope they're nothing serious...

12. SoulStation
      No Mood

SoulStation Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Possible Medication
      I get this same thing for sure....it makes sense ...blood going to your head and what not. And so it goes

13. Tenna
      Anime

Tenna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      It may be some super disorder, all I know is blood rushes through when everybody does that and it's quite normal to hear the sound of blood rushing through.

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      It's weird that it happens more so on my bad T ear....I have T both ears but my right is worse. I don't remember pre T having a loud roar while doing push ups. Then it almost seems to stick around for a while....hours to days...like I blocked my ears. I do remember the feeling of blood rushing to my head before I had T, but this is pretty extreme.

15. Tenna
      Anime

Tenna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      I see, hmm! The full ears combined with the blood rush is my best guess, ofc with something we have no clue about too perhaps ;d
      Last time I had the flu I had 2 weeks of full ears, and I'd constantly have a loud hum for 4 weeks which I believe was a combination of the two, and that went away :) in any case its good its only whenever youre upside down :p

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Yeah it's weird....I have had full ears from day one...well I actually started my tinnitus with the Valsalva method. Maybe that has something to do with it.

• Like Like x 1
    17. bwspot

bwspot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/13/2014
      when I am on inversion table (upside down) my left ear starts to breath.
      If i try to pop it through the nose the breathing subsidizes.
      Something to do with the E tube?
      I normal people have similar experiences but they don't care cause they don't have T.

18. Mike34

Mike34 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      I have the hum/buzzing but it's all the time. When I invert myself, it seems to increase a little. Mine is also in my "worse" T ear. Mine started out very low and has increased a little every day until it's now a roaring/buzzing sound/feeling. Let me know what you find out, if anything.

19. Mike34

Mike34 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Same here. How/when did your T or H start? Do you feel the humming/buzzing more in small rooms like bathrooms and closets?

20. flkb
      Amazed

flkb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/01/2012
      Hi mike. Sorry for the late reply. I'm not sure how my T started but it began on Sept/October of 2012. Doctor said I had an ear infection so I began the antibiotic and prednisone but no luck in making my T go away. It started out as intermittent high pitch noise that came and went but became permanent by the end of October of 2012. The buzzing just started not too long ago and it wasn't as permanent and profound as it it now...
      Yes I do feel/hear the buzz more so in smaller rooms like my bathroom but I can hear it everywhere too like in my living room hole watching tv