Loud Tinnitus for Two Years

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Sisu, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Sisu
      Question it

Sisu Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      I have had tinnitus for two years now, after a loud indoor concert.

My t is very loud, has multiple tones and frequencies and my main tone fluctuates a lot. My T is also reactive to sounds. My left ear is worse, but the right one has been worsening a lot lately. I can hear my T everywhere, very clearly.

I have come a long way since the onset and nowadays I'm doing mostly ok. Sometimes not, but I try to be optimistic.

I will try a hearing aid soon and I hope it will help. Hope is what we need!

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Hi @Sisu
      Do you listen to music through headphones or use headphones for playing computer games, even if this is at low volume? If you do this could be the reason your tinnitus is still loud. Also, do you still go to concerts or other venues where loud music is played? Even if you wear earplugs you still have to be careful.
      Michael

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sisu
      Question it

Sisu Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      No, I've been extra careful and I don't use any kind of headphones. I have somatic tinnitus also + neck issues but nothing major. I don't go to concerts or even movies anymore. My t spikes even if I use earplugs . I have also some kind of hyperacusis. Slamming doors, high pitched sounds etc. hurt my ears. Sometimes my ears ache after hearing a moderately loud sound.

4. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @Sisu if you have hyperacusis (sensitivity to sound) it's best to get this treated because it can cause problems. These are usually: tinnitus spiking and the sensitivity that you are experiencing. Hyperacusis can cure naturally but not always. It depends how severe it is? Below are two links that contain article that I have written, which you might find helpful. They are: Hyperacusis, As I see It, and Tinnitus, A Personal View.

All the best
      Michael

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/tinnitus-a-personal-view.18668/
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/hyperacusis-as-i-see-it.19174/

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sisu
      Question it

Sisu Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      My hyperacusis is moderate. I will take a look at your links. Thank you :)

6. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013

Does that mean to imply that people who have spikes have h?

7. Capricornus
      Inspired

Capricornus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @Sisu,

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Could you maybe give us some more background information? Have you taken any medications that could be responsible for your increase? Do you have hearing loss? I believe H can mess with T, causing it to spike from everyday sounds. If your H fades I believe that your T will settle as well, not being so intrusive. If you have somatic T you should try to think of your posture and do some stretches every day!

All the best

• Funny Funny x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sisu
      Question it

Sisu Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      I think antibiotics may have something to do with the increase (cipro, one time big dose) Or dental drilling (five times during the last two months). I have had two very loud days a week, two "good" (not-so-intrusive days) and the rest somewhere between. Now it's like five loud days and two ok.

I have a moderate 50-60 dB hearing loss in higher frequencies (over 6000 Hz), the left ear has a 40 dB dip in 4000 Hz also. A hearing aid (with tinnitus programs, white noise) may be helpful, but I don't know what will happen to my hyperacusis then. I hope my doctor can clarify that.