Louder Tinnitus = Worse Hearing Loss?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mclyra, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Mclyra

Mclyra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Hello everyone,

My t is bothering me more in the last few weeks. I have moderate hearing loss in one ear (and recently developed discomfort and some t in the other but that's another story ).

I seem to be hearing as much as I did before, but could this mean my hearing is getting worse? And can it be due to stress? I've undergone weight loss surgery recently so stress is an issue. I am new to this.

I try to beat this but some days it does beat me. :(

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Mclyra,
      Stress is a big factor in increasing tinnitus so try do what you can to relax your self and see if your doctor can help you if stress becomes a problem.

I would get your ears checked out for wax build up and get your hearing tested again if it's been about 2 years since your last one.
      Do you wear a hearing aid?....lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    3. derpytia
      Pooptoast

derpytia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014 (many increases since then)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Progressive hearing loss / noise / ETD
      Losing more hearing in the upper frequencies can lead to increased levels of T as well as new and louder tones. Go get your hearing checked just in case.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mclyra

Mclyra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Thank you,

My loss is in low frequencies and it was in one ear and then the next about 15 days ago, after surgery. I had my hearing tested two months ago. No hearing aids, I still hear just fine...

I'll see what the doctor says.
      Thank you!