Low Energy Neurofeedback System

Discussion in 'Support' started by Telis, Jan 31, 2015.

1. NiNyu

NiNyu Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      barotrauma? stress?
      Where are those reports?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      If hifu works, or has been shown to work I will do this in a heartbeat. Money is not a issue for me, I just have a hard time buying into this with no evidence. The doctors at the clinic where I had neurofeedback also said with confidence that they can help. They took my money and threw up their hands at the end of my treaemt and told me that at least we tried and that its works for others. Everything works in the tinnitus world for others, or does it. I guess anyone can make any claim they like.

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. Thongjy
      Balanced

Thongjy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure
      With this technology can any guru here relate that Wifi and cellular signals radiation can affect our T? I need to know. thanks.

4. Dr. Nagler

Dr. Nagler Member Clinician Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      I am sorry to say this, Telis, but without the results of your LDL testing there is no way they could have known what they were treating!

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      They did a qEEG scan and based my treatment around those results.

6. Dr. Nagler

Dr. Nagler Member Clinician Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      From your postings it seems to me that (in addition to your tinnitus) Decreased Sound Tolerance is a significant part of your problem, and I do not know how anybody can diagnose DST using qEEG. But perhaps they have figured out a way.

7. Marcuseva03

Marcuseva03 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2015
      @Telis @Mikey Cliff @valeri

Hi guys. Do you still remember what protocol did you neurofeedback therapist used? and which waves were they trying to alter? There are a few types of neurofeedback if LENS did not work, what about other types ?

8. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      All I know is that I would be listening to some relaxation recording and he was measuring rather than changing brain waives.

I really don't know much about different procedures but the one I tried was not using anything to change waves, it was more that through regular relaxation the ratio between alpha and delta would be improved.

Well it didn't so:(....

9. Marcuseva03

Marcuseva03 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2015
      @valeri thanks for your reply. May I know how many sessions you went? And did you take any brain map before starting? Can you recall which part of the head did you have the electrodes attached.

Oh ya. How did your tinnitus begin? Due to hearing loss?

10. valeri

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      No, it was due to cold!
      Electrodes all over the head, and I did 8/10 sessions, no change so I didn't continue.

11. Marcuseva03

Marcuseva03 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2015
      So didnt do a brain map before starting? Hmmm.. 8 sessions are very little for neurofeedback yeah. Did the therapist said that you are doing well in your training? Like whether you are getting better in getting the ratio they intended for you?

12. valeri

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      He said it was getting bit better but since I couldn't see any improvement on myself I just stopped it.
      I spoke to another person who did all 10 sessions and he had no improvement either.

13. Marcuseva03

Marcuseva03 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2015
      I see. Maybe neurofeedback is really not situable for tinnitus. But there are so many positive paper published for tinnitus. And we have 1 success story here in TT.

14. valeri

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Please don't get discouraged by my experience. I'm not really familiar with other forms available but what I did looked pretty basic and I doubt it could have had any positive or negative impact.
      At the end of the day anyone can order a head cap with electrodes, connect to the right software and start measuring brain waves, not a rocket science.
      There are probably more advanced and sofiaticated forms out there than what I tried.
      @Telis
      You tried the one where low frequency signal or something else is fed to the brain???

15. Marcuseva03

Marcuseva03 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2015
      Ahh.. thats true. I will prehaps still just give it a try and see how it goes. Everyone has tinnitus of different causes and therefore it can explain why nerurofeedback can work for some but not the others.

@valeri yours were LENS neurofb method? Anyway you mentioned about changing the ratio of alpha/delta that is actually the method that was published. Then again you will not know if your centre did follow the whole method.