Low Tinnitus. Anybody Have Some Answers for Me?

Discussion in 'Support' started by sandra72, Feb 17, 2015.

1. sandra72

sandra72 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      may 2014
      The last 4 days my T was very low. I could only hear it in sillent. But tonight i had a dream and in my dream i had T. I woke up around 2 am and my T was a very high pitch. Fall a sleep again and waking up my T was high again and it still is. Can hear it over the tv. Can somebody explain me why this happens?

A week ago i whent to the hospital audiologisch centre and my hearing was fine. They only massure it til 8000mhz. He told my i have no problem in my innerear but it must be in my nerves behind. I have a appointment on march 11 at jaw surgeon to see if it's from my jaw.

But just wondering why do i have very low days and al of a sudden the high pitch sound is there. When i have low days i dont have the high sound but hear other sounds but the are maskable.

2. Do you grind your teeth during sleep? In my case there is a strong relation to my T and that. The mornings when my teeth are sore my T is often higher than mornings when i haven´t grinded so much. Alcohol and stress is the biggest triggers for me when it comes to the nights that i grind.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sandra72

sandra72 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      may 2014
      really dont know. In the past my dentist told my that i grind, 3 front teeth have been broken because i grind. A couple years ago i just woke up en my tooth whas broken, i think because of my grinding. but the strange thing i when i put my jaw down the high pitch sound is almost gone.

4. A mouth guard would be a good start if you don´t wear one.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sandra72

sandra72 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      may 2014
      Dont have one but on march 11 i am going jaw surgeon

6. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      If my T flares up, it'll be in the early morning. I grind my teeth and snore too. I try to combat this with a pillow that supports my neck. For the most part, it works.