Low Tinnitus These Days

Discussion in 'Support' started by Aaron, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Aaron
      Fine

Aaron Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/22/2012
      I am taking a holiday recently, and come back to my hometown from Beijing. Could sleep to 10am everyday, even could have a nap again after lunch, and relax with some TV series.

This kind of life style makes the T very low, before I took the holiday, it is just like 5-7 for my T, but now the T is absolutely lower, say 2-3 for the whole day, even 1 in the morning when I wake up.

This definitely means relax and good sleep is so important for me, how about other members?

BTW, I found an interesting thing recently, the white noise of an app in my Iphone could change my T tone easily, after listening to the white noise for about 1 min, the T will lower for at least 1 min or more, and the tone will be changed from a high pitch tonal to a soft noise like one. I don't know if this tells that my T is from the cochlear, since I will take the lidocaine injection the day after tomorrow, a little bit nervous about the outcome....

• Like Like x 2
    2. mick1987
      No Mood

mick1987 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Wow great to here that Aaron, not long ago you sounded like you were on the edge. I take it yours isn't noise induced then? In your case stress must ramp the noise up, better sleep and your T is a lot lower, mine never gets lower, but mine is noise induced so....? Very pleased to hear your T is lower! Must be some relief!

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      Mick, I think yours could also be linked to stress:) As you can the lid incident either made or "made" your T go worse so probably it also has a connection to emotional wellbeing. Also, in your case it might have to do smth with consuming alcohol because that always makes all kinds of emotion-related diseases worse. resting doesnt only mean sleeping and doing the things that you love but also relaxing and thinking positive thoughts (it is a clichee but it is true). If you read the research and treatments forums you will see that T is a very complex system that has a lot to do with the brain in all of the cases.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Aaron
      Fine

Aaron Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/22/2012
      Hi Mick,
      Mine is seems like noise induced, and even more worse than noise induced. My ear was directly injuried and ear drum perforation, along with inner ear injury, and hearing loss in 4k about 10db, but the injury should be on the cochlear, so seems like the noise induced. My DPOAE also indicate that some hair cells died after the injury.

It is always like this, reset to a comparatively low level in the morning, and ringing loud at night. But these days, it is really low, I took off my masker for the whole day, open the window, and it is rainy here, yesterday is amazing, rain a whole day, and a natural masker gave a whole day relief even like no T, that is wonderful.

Hope you could also experience some days like this, it will get better, thanks buddy

• Like Like x 2
    5. Sybs
      Inspired

Sybs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      I am due to be fitted with maskers soon. Glad to hear positive news about them.

• Like Like x 4
    6. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane

Hi Aaron: The noises from my iPhone app often change my tone. I also have noticed that certain sounds on that app will lower my tinnitus and relax me... and then, suddenly, stop working so well. I test out other noises and pick another one that does the trick. Seems my picky brain gets tired of one sound and then wants another.

FYI: Be interested how your lidocaine shots go. I have considered it. But you are a long ways from onset, even further than me. I had heard it was much more effective if given right after your tinnitus began. Anyway, good luck with it and hope it brings relief. Be sure and give us an update. I believe there is a lidocaine thread already going here.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Aaron
      Fine

Aaron Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/22/2012
      Hi LadyDi,

Yes, my T is already 19 months now. But it is keep changing, the first 3 month, super huge, after a treatment, low to a very manageable level. At the 7 months, MRI, then super loud, and the tone changed. Then took 6 months Deanxit, Klonopin for sleeping, lower to like 5-7(After MRI is 9-10), and these days, 2-3, even 1 in the first half hour when I wake up. So I keep some hope since my right ear is always changing. The ENT is my father's good friend, who said that he used to cured 1 person, whose T almost 8 years at that time, with lidocaine injection, I don't think this ENT want to make a joke, he also show me a lot of materials here in China, and I also found some materials in Japan(I also speak Japanese) in 1980s, said that lidocaine injection improved, say, 40% of the patient, even the T is more than 3 years or so. I think it is totally a try, I don't expect any fabulous magic will suddenly happen, just a try.

Will update all the members, I will do the treatment for 3 days exactly the same as it done in Shea Clinic.

8. Sherri786
      Dreaming

Sherri786 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      @Aaron , thanks ...do pls keep us updated.

• Agree Agree x 1