Lucia

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Lucia, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Lucia

Lucia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have tinnitus from March 2015 when I was overdosed with medications. It's hard to deal with it, the doctors that I went, all the tests that I had, told me that I supposed to live and no cure.

2. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      @Lucia . Hi. Yes there is no cure and yes we have to live with it. But there is a lot we can do to tolerate tinnitus. Most doctors need to have a better understanding and ways we can be helped to tolerate tinnitus. And not just say you have to live with it. That's a very negative attitude to take on a patient. There's more research going into tinnitus then there has ever been. So I'm very possitive that there will be soon be a very happy outcome for us all suffering from tinnitus.

• Like Like x 1
    3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Drug side effect is a known cause of T. If your T stays, and if you feel anxious a lot, then perhaps try these:
      1) Keep posting and ranting on the forum. This will give you support and allow you to let out the burden of dealing with T all by yourself. It helps to know that people here understand you and that you are never alone here.

2) Relieving stress and anxiety will help reduce your T or that you can cope better. Slowly you can get out of the fight or flight mode of the limbic nerves. So do your best to stay calm & positive. If you need it, some natural herbal supplements can help you stay calm and help you sleep, as Lemon Balm, Valerian, Hops, Catnips, Passion Flower, Chamomile, Lavender, Kava, Melatonin etc. You can google search or check Amazon.com for each of them to know how people review these products, and see if you can take them as a supplement. Check out this site on using natural herbs for helping to sleep or to calm the nerves.

http://www.christopherhobbs.com/library/articles-on-herbs-and-health/herbs-and-natural-remedies-for-insomnia/

3) Try some relaxing exercises such as short hikes or leisure walks, whatever pleases you.
      4) Get masking going asap if you haven't yet. Masking can reduce your anxiety about the T sound and will help a lot at bed time if you have trouble sleeping with T. Here are some masking suggestions. Take care. God bless.

a) Mask at bed time so you can sleep better. Find whatever sounds/music that are soothing to you. You can use a sound machine or sound pillow for this, or a computer with speakers.

b) If you need masking on the go, try load an ipod with nature sounds or music using itune. If you have a smart phone, you can download free APPs for soothing or T-masking sounds.

c) If you have computer and speakers, you can try these excellent masking sounds too:

TT's audio player: https://www.tinnitustalk.com/audioplayer/

or this online sound library, particularly the self-mix nature sounds: http://mynoise.net/

or download free sound generator ‘aire freshener’: http://www.peterhirschberg.com/mysoftware.html

or search youtube with words like 'tinnitus masking sounds', 'white noise', 'rain sound' etc.

• Like Like x 1
    4. James
      No Mood

James Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Pulsing 03/2013
      Welcome @Lucia

So many great posts in all the forum. Just wanted to say thanks for chiming in. It will get better. Its taken me a long time, and its still with me, of course. Long term I want to internalize it, again. I worked with my the doctors. I take medication to help sleep. It helps me cope with the T, if I can sleep like a rock, I mean every,,, night. It will get better.