Magnesium and Vitamin B Complex Made Me Worse?

Discussion in 'Support' started by davidchampoux, Jan 19, 2015.

1. davidchampoux
      No Mood

davidchampoux Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music, viral? ...
      Two days ago, I started Magnesium 250mg twice a day, and vitamin B 100 complex once in the morning.

Now, I'm feeling worst than ever! Could it be related? Should I stop, or just go on and things will get better?

Opinions please?

2. conbsgc

conbsgc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      october
      Two days is too soon to see if Vitamins are making a difference, from what I have heard many people say Vitamins take at least 60 days of constant disciplined use to make a difference in ones body....

Could it be that you're a bit anxious and looking too closely to how your tinnitus is reacting?

Throughout my life thanks to anxiety Ive felt from HIV symptoms, to brain tumor symptoms, from diabetes symptoms, to neuralgia symptoms you name it and they turned out to be nothing, just anxiety getting the best of me!! this all taught me a lesson, anxiety is A HUGE GIGANTIC factor in how we feel! I suggest continue to take your vitamins because two days of 250mg of magnesium is nothing.

I would do the scientific approach with these things... if the tinnitus continues being too loud after a week of magnesium then stop taking the vitamins for another week and see how it goes and then draw a conclusion. if you search here you're gonna see people here saying magnesium made them worse, and others saying magnesium improved them. So do your own experiment and see how your own body reacts!!

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      davidchampoux
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music, viral? ...
      Thanks for your reply... Yeah, I have to agree that my anxiety is very high :( ... I'm having a hard time dealing with it since a few years... I've had better periods... I'll keep taking the vitamins and magnesium for a few more days/weeks and I'll see.

4. conbsgc

conbsgc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      october
      have you tried any of the therapies people talk about here? that might help you cope and overcome the fear of tinnitus (it sounds like you're very scared)

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      davidchampoux
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music, viral? ...
      I have T since March 2011, yes I've been through many things including a therapy.

But my T has gotten worse since mid Dec, and with a new distinct one in my right ear, so that's why I'm really anxious now.

6. conbsgc

conbsgc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      october
      I think it's good if you just relax and try to remember that you've down this path and you were fine at the end. Keep telling yourself you're fine, you'll see how much your tinnitus improves.

How do I know? EXPERIENCE!!! been down the path you're going.

Honestly everything will be ok!

• Like Like x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      davidchampoux
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music, viral? ...
      Thank you so much for your support... I like this forum, it's full of helpful people here!

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      davidchampoux
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music, viral? ...
      10 days on Magnesium 250mg twice a day, and vitamin B 100 complex (once in the morning) and still no improvement.

I feel some very occasionnal mild pain in my left kidney from time to time, and my urine is VERY yellow, almost fluo, and it smells very 'funky' all day long...

Should I stop?

9. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      David,

Yes, I think I'd stop taking those supplements, give it a few days, and see how you're doing. You could then consider trying something else instead.

It has taken me awhile to find the supplements that seem to work best for me. And what works for one person may not work for another. (I'm currently taking magnesium chloride, niacin, and grape seed extract. In addition, I take Emergen-C for the vitamins it contains).

Good luck, and let us know how you're doing after you get off the supplements.

• Like Like x 2
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      davidchampoux
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music, viral? ...
      Hello @Karen , thanks for your message.

I want to try N-Acetylcysteine next, and maybe Ginko, but I was wondering how many days/weeks is needed to feel a difference...

11. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, David,

For most supplements, you need to give them some time to work. I'd say at least two weeks, or even more.

I've heard good things about N-acetylcistene, and may try it myself. I'll be interested to hear how it works for you.

Best wishes,
      Karen

• Like Like x 1
    12. Chelles
      Balanced

Chelles Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      I been taking magnesium for a couple of months 250 mg a day and it took a little over a month for me to see a difference, I don't think 10 days would make a difference or maybe you should take one pill instead of two.

• Like Like x 2
    13. Paul10

Paul10 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      Pretty much the same here. Did you get any relief when you stopped it? I'm stopping it tomorrow.