Major Spike from Possible Sinus Infection or Sinus Issues, and It's Driving Me Crazy

Discussion in 'Support' started by ChrisfromCanada, Jun 29, 2017.

1. ChrisfromCanada
      Terrified

ChrisfromCanada Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      This spike is really pissing me off.

My T hasn't been this bad in a long time and its not quieting down. I have had a lot of sinus pain the past few days but I don't think I have an infection although it wouldn't surprise me if I did.

I am pissed off and angry and really hoping it goes back down to baseline.

I was doing very good ignoring my moderate T and I forgot how bad it is too have really loud T.

I have been taking NAC n-acetylcysteine for gut issues and I just upped my dose to 500mg twice a day. I doubt that its the NAC causing the spike and it is probably the sinus issues.

Just to be safe I will lower my dose back to 500 mg once a day and see if it makes a difference.

If my sinus issues resolve and the spike doesnt fade then I will stop the NAC. Well time to pop some ativan and hope tomorrow is a better day.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Try steam inhalation to clear your tubes and if your sinuses don't settle try a antihistamine to reduce mucous see your doctor
      ...Love glynis

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ChrisfromCanada
      Terrified

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      Thanks as always Glynnis. Ive been steaming 3 x a day the past two days. I have SIBO(gut issues) and antihistimines really rev up my symptoms. I'm going to try it anyway as my T is really driving me crazy. Thanks again

4. Jake007

Jake007 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss for long time, chainsaw, infections
      Hey old friend, did your spike calm down at all?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ChrisfromCanada
      Terrified

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection

Not the slightest bit bro. Pretty sure its a sinus infection and it caused the spike. I'm not taking any antibiotics unless I absolutely need to. In the meantime I will deal with this spike, I'm just hoping its short term and not my new baseline.

6. Jake007

Jake007 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss for long time, chainsaw, infections
      It sure sounds like your sinuses are causing it. I'm betting it'll die down after the sinus issue is better. We're you still gonna get a mri?