Makeup Junkies

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lex, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Lex
      Blah

Lex Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad decisions
      Because life goes on while we're still breathing, I took on a new hobby: makeup!

I've always worn makeup since I was a teen, but it was mostly concealer and face powder to cover my acne. Then I entered my 20s and the acne cleared up so I added lipstick and blush to my routine.

But it's only now in my 30s that I started looking at eyeshadows, contours, highlights, etc. It's so addicting and fun! I also feel like this new hobby is a turning point in my life. After getting T and H last year, I barely took care of myself. I felt like crap inside and looked like crap outside too. But armed with a purpose and renewed vigor, I braved the crowd last night at the mall to get ahold of Nyx soft matte lip creams at 80% off.

Is anyone else here who loves makeup?

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    2. Amiel

Amiel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise
      Please post hot pictures of yourself wearing all kinds of makeup!

• Funny Funny x 1
    3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      IMHO, the best makeup is the one that is so subtle that people don't realize you are wearing makeup. Please don't overdo it with makeup.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lex
      Blah

Lex Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad decisions
      Oh yeah I know what you mean. I still want to be recognizable when I wear my everyday look (which really isn't much because I love to sleep in for as long as I can). Also, I would hate it if people told me that I "looked like a different person" because that's just an insult masquerading as a compliment.

But I want to experiment more for special occasions, like the few Christmas dinners I'm going to this year. Would be fun to look more glamorous and sophisticated, the kind of makeup that will make people say, "You clean up nicely."

• Like Like x 1
    5. Scared111

Scared111 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I got into the Korean and Japanese skincare and makeup before t hit. I find that a lot of products work much better than the ones in us and for a lot cheaper as well. there are lots of reviews on the internet as well. you can buy most stuff on Amazon or eBay they a trusted seller.

6. Red
      Crappy

Red Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure (Headphones)
      I don't love it. I only wear it thanks to a number of insecurities. Even then, only sometimes. The more I feel obligated to do something the less I will actually do it. It is a lot of work, especially if you want it to look right.

Most of this stuff is unregulated. It's a mystery whether or not this stuff will affect you long-term. There is no FDA equivalent for the beauty industry.

• Informative Informative x 1
    7. Elinor
      No Mood

Elinor Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure and barotrauma
      Yes, this! I used to wear heavy make up in my teens. Later, I became very aware of the ingredients, and very concerned. Most commercial brands are packed with endocrine disrupting chemicals. Perhaps one product of this kind is not so bad, but absolutely everything contains these ingredients. Not only make up, it is in shampoo and so on, even some toothpastes. These are things we apply/use on a daily basis, creating a cocktail of not-so-good ingredients. Who knows? It could have a health impact. There's not a lot of data/research in this area yet, although some ingredients are gradually getting banned.

Today my make up use is somewhat sparse. I check thoroughly before I buy anything, so my options are limited. Beside from that I do enjoy using some makee up and I do have a handful of brands I trust.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lex
      Blah

Lex Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad decisions
      Koreans have the most comprehensive skincare routine! But it pays. When I was in Seoul, most people have glowing skin.

9. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      You mean like this:

female_to_male_jack_sparrow_cosplay_by_alysontabbitha-d79rcm0.jpg

• Funny Funny x 5
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lex
      Blah

Lex Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad decisions
      @Alue, if I had those skills, I would do makeup for a living lol.

11. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I think she had granted your wish.

12. Sonic17
      Wishful

Sonic17 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ? neck injury/unknown
      I can relate.....Tinnitus has made me feel so different about myself....my self confidence really took a plunge due to Tinnitus. It is great you found something to take your mind off of Tinnitus and help you feel good again.

13. Amiel

Amiel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise
      I'd tap that! :whistle: Thanks @Lex for granting my wish! :rockingbanana:

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. Taylorslay
      Happy

Taylorslay Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Years of excessively loud headphone use
      I love make-up too. I just got into it. I love it. Obsessed. I only use drugstore atm.

I really love my mascara its: (Do mind it is waterproof)

52117724?wid=520&hei=520&fmt=pjpeg.jpg

What primer do you use? (I need one)

Whats your concealer? (The one I use is trash, I'm looking into a different one) I use Maybelline Master conceall.

Are you warm or cool skinned? (I'm cool and oily)

Foundation I use: (I totally recommend if you have oily skin)
      ?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0a1ZAY3TnN4WXUfg3MV6IkEUhuYc9TF_KXxtaZKx3tMzSDv9af3zSCoOfRhtnXRug23_gUPR_&usqp=CAE.jpg

I really need a good eyeliner. I don't like pencil eyeliners idk why, I love liquid eyeliner but I'm crud at applying it.

Got any good lippies? I atm am using liquid lips (NYX creme and Maybelline Vivid matte) But I want some tubes but I don't know whats good. Any tips on wear time. I mean these are good lipsticks but I want something that won't come off when I eat.

I don't wear make-up because I'm insecure I just like looking like fire. Its like a self esteem booster. I can walk into a room and know I look good af. I don't wear anything outrageous. I don't like that look where women wear so much bronzer and highlight that they have a completely different face structure. But I like experimenting with lips and eye shadows.

15. SusanButcher
      Tired

SusanButcher Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      A little bit to cover a spot or a shiny nose is fine, but too much will make you look like a clown. Lipstick is such ghastly stuff, I don't know why anyone would want to use it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    16. TheDanishGirl
      Sad

TheDanishGirl Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017 (H since 06/2017)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      long term noise exposure (headphones), maybe some stress.
      Because it looks good :D

Red lips are gorgeous and I personally havent seen a woman who didnt become more beautiful with some red lipstick on. Red lips are classic and sexy.

17. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      head trama caused TMJ/neck problems/ETD
      @TheDanishGirl In recent years I've become a fan of lipstick. finally got brave enough to try red and I love it!

• Like Like x 1