Masking Definitely Makes My Tinnitus Worse but Not Masking Is a Torture

Discussion in 'Support' started by Bam, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Jcb
      No Mood

Jcb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      possible TMJ, came on after severe cold and chest infection,
      It is tough as hell mate, I have a few good days but some days it still brings me to my knees literally. I’m just taking it step by step, I’m finding the strength from somewhere, my doggo, my partner? We have to keep pushing through as hard as it is, I honestly keep telling myself tomorrow is another day as crappy as that may sound that strangely helps me a little.

I get you on the mutebutton situation, I honestly think they are making sure everything is in order before they release it and they aren’t exactly a big company and I’m guessing they don’t want what happened last time to happen again. I know they are seeking FDA approval as well so that takes time. They could communicate a bit more and give us some information on what’s going on, that part I don’t think they have handled very well.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Bam

Bam Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/stress
      I think it’s just very hard for those of us really struggling to think that a device exists that may save us and it’s out of reach. It’s almost agonising and has definitely increased my suicidal ideation. I just wish they had said look it’s going to be 2020 and so mentally we didn’t get our hopes up.

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. Jcb
      No Mood

Jcb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      possible TMJ, came on after severe cold and chest infection,
      I don’t think they have handled the communication very well especially after the Q&A that TT did we were all hyped to Hell. I honestly think they are making sure everything will be at 100% before releasing it, they are doing the second round of tests from what I can remember reading so that may be holding it up as well.

Just keep hanging on my man, I’m hoping we will all see a better tomorrow. Keep fighting, I’m not going to even try and preach at you mate, that’s not who I am as a person so I hope I’m not coming across all preachy. I’m just trying to say keep webbing and weaving through the punches until you can hit back and get some type of normality back in your life. It’s a hard unpredictable road we are travelling, we need to have each other’s backs and when somebody stumbles we will pick them up.

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    4. Mister Muso
      No Mood

Mister Muso Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2011 / April 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I find white noise / pink noise etc too harsh and irritating these days. Even nature sounds can be too close to white noise.

Mostly I go for "bells and bleeps" which seem to dial down my T better than anything. It's a case of constant experimentation till you find something that works. I even downloaded an app to my phone to let me build up sounds in layers from various sources, and the Amazon Echo has a Sleep Sounds app which is pretty useful.