Masturbation and Tinnitus! Another Case! And No Not Me xD

Discussion in 'Support' started by AnneG, Jan 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    1. AnneG
      Cheerful

AnneG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/13
      Hey you guys! Ok so Basically a few weeks ago I read a Particular Post on here regarding T and Masterbation from a Penelope or something. I didn't particularly know that the two could ever be connected at all! But with T, I guess nothing is impossible you know? Ok now all my friends knew about me having T and all that. And just earlier my friend Carla she's 18, turning 19 tomorrow, healthy and never had T before (according to her) came to my house CRYING! She was weeping and said she needed my help because she didn't know what to do. She came in clutching her ears and crying, At first I thought 'Did someone die?!' And I got worried myself. Then I told her to tell me what happened but she Won't! She just shook her head and kept on hitting her right ear. So I had an Idea because I too reacted that way before. So I said "Oh my God you have Tinnitus?!! My heart literally fell to my stomach when she nodded at me. I wouldn't Wish T on my worst enemy! What more to a good friend! So it took a while before she told me how it started. She bought a 'Vib.... Neck massager' and used it for the first time in her life. And she said she reached the point of Orgasm! I tried to stay as serious as I can as she spoke because she was a wreck, but seriously I was shock! That was so unlike her. I Guess we never really know someone huh? Then she said she had Ringing in her right ear the moment the 'pleasure' stopped and it felt Numb. Like something was blocking her head or something. So I Told her about a post I saw on here about Masterbation and T. For a while she kept crying then she stood up and tilted her head from side to side and said that it stopped. The numbness lifted and the ringing stopped. Lucky her huh? So anyway guys, how could it be connected? Is it really with the blood preassure? Or with the body cooling down after orgasm?

(Yeah its a little inappropriate but, I wanted to tell her more than what I already googled. And most were horror stories... right?!)

• Informative Informative x 2
    2. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      It wouldn't surprise me that O can lead to T.
      Afterall, I know there is such a thing as post O migraines.
      I am not sure about the underlying neuro physiological changes that take place for this to happen however.

• Like Like x 2
    3. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Hi Anne, no not inappropriate, it is what it is, and we are all adults. Let us know if her T comes back or not.

• Like Like x 1
    4. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Not inappropriate, I agree. But my guess ... and I don't know, mind you, it's only guess... is that tinnitus onset is not a direct response to orgasm here. Other factors are at play. Also, in your friend's case Anne, the tinnitus stopped. Just hope it does not come back.

• Like Like x 2
    5. Penelope33
      Torn

Penelope33 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2013
      That's lucky hers went away . In my case , when I first started I also noticed just a little morse code that was hardly there, just in the background and couldn't even hear it until I put my finger over ear to listen. I didn't relate mine to mastubation, so continued .... Until white noise came , then the other ear.... And now it's multiple tones in each. Wish I'd realised sooner. Must be the lack of oxygen to the brain etc.... Blood pressure etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    6. Tinnita

Tinnita Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/82
      I am affected by a chronic and very annoying tinnitus and made a lot of research about the tinnitus torture.Discussing the greek poet Saphos tinnitus ,a professor told me that her tinnitus must have been related to her blood pressure at the moment when her tinninitus began.Also a blodclot,trombosis could have caused an obstacle in the bloodflow of the inner ear.The cochlea is filled with fine capillaries,so a vascular accident can easily happen.

7. MattK

MattK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/13/2014
      Glad hers went away... But did you really have to provide her name and age? What if someone who knows her or you reads this post?

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. David J
      Confused

David J Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2011
      REALLY???
      So what?

• Agree Agree x 2
    9. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It seems to me that when masturbation results in physical issues or tinnitus, there must have been an underlaying sensitivity or mechanical abnormality of some kind. If simple masturbation caused tinnitus reliably, everyone would have it...

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    10. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      :dunno:Does this mean sex in general is bad for tinnitus

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    11. Dr. Nagler

Dr. Nagler Member Clinician Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      Excellent question.

Let's assume (just for the sake of this discussion) that the answer is YES. Are you going to give up sex ... or are you going to take meaningful steps towards habituating your tinnitus so when it does get louder - due to sex or whatever - you just won't care?

This really all comes down to how you want to live your life. Is tinnitus going to drive your bus, or are you going to drive your bus and tell tinnitus to get the hell off at the next stop!!

stephen nagler

• Like Like x 1
    12. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      @Dr. Nagler

Interesting topic!
      Can you shed any light on possibility of masturbation or orgasm on tinnitus from your experience with patients over the years?

13. Dr. Nagler

Dr. Nagler Member Clinician Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      I respectfully disagree. What I mean is that as I see it prolonging this discussion beyond what has already been said would be a perfect example of unnecessarily devoting time to thinking about tinnitus. See my post on Overcoming Obstacles to Habituation for more thoughts in that regard.
      Actually I can't. My practice is devoted exclusively to patients whose lives are markedly affected by tinnitus and hyperacusis. To be honest with you, a temporary spike associated with orgasm would be among the least of their problems. The topic has never come up.

stephen nagler

14. MattK

MattK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/13/2014
      I don't know... Perhaps that's not something she'd want others to know about? I mean after all, she was reluctant to say what she did so why would she want it on a public forum??

• Agree Agree x 1