Medical Marijuana and Meniere's Disease

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by GOLDIE111, Aug 11, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. GOLDIE111

GOLDIE111 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      menieres or TMJ
      Recently been diagnosed with Meniere's, I am only 23 years old and the loss of hearing in my right ear and the thought of possibly losing all my hearing is making me very stressed/anxious (which I know can worsen the condition)

Has anyone used Marijuana as a stress reliever for this condition, if so does it help?

2. mintblue
      Supportive

mintblue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      I wouldn't recommend it. Marijuana may in fact make you more anxious. If you can get your hands on some pure CBD oil (made from the plant) that may or may not help with the side effects of Menieres (dizziness, vertigo, etc.) but you should be careful about how much you take. I'd avoid any strain high in THC.

3. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      I'd agree with avoiding high thc strains. Your results may differ, and you always have the option for trying yourself, but I find that a high thc strain will make my T louder.. or I perceive it as louder. Not sure. A CBD strain doesn't seem to affect it.
      Havent tried oil yet.