Medications to Reduce the Tinnitus Volume Just a Little Bit?

SignalExec

Author
Apr 19, 2018
Tinnitus Since
03/15/18
Cause of Tinnitus
Accoustic trauma?
Hi all

My tinnitus is relatively moderate. It's a slight hiss I should be able to ignore easily. However, sometimes I can't ignore it, and it drives me up the wall knowing it's there.

I have an appointment with an ENT again soon. I was wondering whether I could ask him about medications that are known to reduce the volume of the tinnitus just a bit. I know that there is nothing that is guaranteed to cure tinnitus. However, if there is something that reduces the volume a bit, that might be sufficient in my case. After all, my tinnitus is so soft already.

Are there any such medicines? Anything I could bring up?

Benzodiazepines can reduce tinnitus temporarily but they are highly addictive and not something you'd want to take regularly long-term.

Can't really think of anything other than that. If such a medication existed we'd know about it. There are also cases where magnesium or vitamin b12 helped someone with tinnitus but I don't know a universal medication that helps everyone or even most people.

Hi all

My tinnitus is relatively moderate. It's a slight hiss I should be able to ignore easily. However, sometimes I can't ignore it, and it drives me up the wall knowing it's there.

I have an appointment with an ENT again soon. I was wondering whether I could ask him about medications that are known to reduce the volume of the tinnitus just a bit. I know that there is nothing that is guaranteed to cure tinnitus. However, if there is something that reduces the volume a bit, that might be sufficient in my case. After all, my tinnitus is so soft already.

Are there any such medicines? Anything I could bring up?
a common mistake for tinnitus sufferers is to make multiple appointments with ENT's, that's honestly pointless, unless it's the first visit outruling a tumor in the auditory system.

They don't even check for hearing loss correctly.

Have you tried Ginko Biloba? It's helped some people but not everybody. My ENT told me to take them for 3 months, but unfortunately in my case it's not helping. It might help you.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now