Meditation

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jazzer, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Aurélien

Aurélien Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Night club, headphone, acoustic trauma
      I really want to share my progress on my overall quality of life here on this forum and to stay this thread as positive as it needs to be. 30 days is not a deadline, but I don't want to stay here for months and hours, maybe I might only stay on this thread but not on others.

Why ?
      Because I don't want to live for my T. I don't want to be his b***, and honestly I have better things to do, I know how to take care of my ears so now, only time will tell if it will get better or not. And it's not by scrolling this forum that I will feel any better.

I still felt anxious before T, like a lot sometimes, so maybe now my T increased it, but it is not the cause of it. This society could make feel the wisest monk feeling anxious.

I am preparing my summer travel, I am planning to make some kind of road trip throught Russia and make amazing videos for my youtube channel. :)

• Like Like x 1
    2. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Good one! LOL

3. Megrisvernin

Megrisvernin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, maybe stress
      I found that meditation worked the best to curb my tinnitus. I started from fairly stressed and distracted by it to slowly reducing the volume of the ringing. The best stuff I found were stuff where I did slow breathing focusing on the breath.

My current go to are these daily meditations on Headspace where they have you focus on breathing. About 20 minutes every other day eventually worked me down to work the background ringing to basically no longer noticeable.

Guided meditation seemed twice or thrice as good as self-guided for some reason.

• Like Like x 1