Minor Tinnitus Still Present After Wax Removal?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Abs, May 30, 2017.

1. Abs
      Bookworm

Abs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello! I just got back from some wax removal a few hours ago and I have to say, it was rough.

It was painful since my wax was really impacted and there was a huge amount but the good thing is that my T is very quiet now.

I can still hear it and it kinda flares up when I listen to things, but it's nothing like it was before (which wasn't that bad).

I'm kinda posting to ask if someone knows the recovery time and how it'll go from here hopefully.

I'm taking a break from loud/medium noises for like a week just to make sure I give my ears time but still!

2. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      Is it quiet enough for a gentle breeze outside to mask it?

I believe it is impossible to give any estimations, each case is so unique.

The fact that you describe yours as very quiet is likely very favorable to any outcome. Could it remain at a quiet level forever? Possibly. Could it reduce to nothing? Sure. Can it get worse? Yes - but that's unlikely if you take care of your precious ears.

Protect your ears, not just for a week from now, but for the rest of your life. Always consider not once but twice if it's worth the risk to go very loud situations even with hearing protection.

Good luck! :) Why not let us know in a month or so how you are doing? And maybe post a Success Story then here?

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Abs
      Bookworm

Abs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I mean basically! I can only hear it in stuffy rooms or if i really focus on hearing it when im outside! It still bothers me a bit since i kinda expected this to be a instantly cured kind of thing but most things arent like that :p things usually take time to heal! My ear drums still kinda hurt from the whole thing since they were basically being suffocated by the wax so maybe my ear drum is still inflamed so we have that!

I know more than ever how important this is! Im always more weary and i truly understand how important my ears are. Its wierd cause when i was a kid i would run from loud noises from how much they scared me and hurt my ears... i guess i was much smarter back then :ROFL: no more unnecessary loud noises from now on! I think ive gotten a new found appreciation for my senses