Miswak, the Organic Toothbrush — I've Never Had a Toothache

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by arctic_penguin, Aug 31, 2022.

1. arctic_penguin

arctic_penguin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      I also use a Miswak brush/Salvadora Persica, which has numerous benefits for teeth according to several studies, rather than a toothbrush. I believe licorice sticks also work. In fact, my sister's teeth were aching and immediately subsided upon using Miswak. There are just too many abrasive chemicals in toothpaste and not to mention the plastic twigs of the brush. It contains a plethora of bioactive chemicals, that all benefit the teeth. Is this God's toothbrush? I mean look how convenient crude oil is for man.

Below is a link to a study in regards to it. Scroll down to bio active components.

A review of the therapeutic effects of using miswak (Salvadora Persica) on oral health

They dry out the twig in the packaged variety. The unpackaged still contain the chemicals. Been using this for 10 years and I've never had a toothache.

• Like Like x 1
    2. Stuart-T
      Thinking

Stuart-T Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear wax or COVID-19 infection
      I have been using Reach brand - firm toothbrush. Soft bristle just does not do it for me. I am 58 - I have had no toothache in 40 years and my last filling was in 1998 (probably not necessary but you know dentists). Tooth enamel in incredibly tough - I don't think the particles in toothpaste can touch it.

I have heard about these natural toothbrushes but see no good reason to try one.

3. momus

momus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1998
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      antibiotics
      Gets the award for The Most Incredibly "Out There" Post of the Year Award. Twigs? Abrasives in toothpaste? Don't forget the little Martians that come out of the tubes late at night while you're sleeping and brush your teeth with sandpaper. Those things are bad news, so make sure you don't leave the cap off!