Mood Swings — Is It Normal?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Brandon joseph, May 10, 2016.

1. Brandon joseph

Brandon joseph Member

Tinnitus Since:
      On and off since 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The cold
      1 minute I would be okay and ready to deal with the tinnitus and then the next I am in full blown panic mode. Nighttime is so hard the tinnitus sounds worse and makes me feel like i want to vomit.

2. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      I'm not sure because I had mood swings before T. Its possible klonopin might help in the short term it might help but you aren't supposed to take them long term (I made that mistake). Right now I am taking a mood stabilizer called Lamictal that seems to help with depression but it was very energizing when I took it at first and it took a while to somewhat calm down to it. I would suggest as your first route go to a hearing aid place and get your hearing checked and if there is a hearing loss get that corrected with aids and get some that have a masker. If that still doesn't calm you down, check into supplements, noise machines at night, and lastly medications. Mynoise.net has some decent sounds to listen to if you put your computer speakers next to your bed. I hope you feel better asap.

3. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Tinnitus can create mood swings, taking pills and relaxers for tinnitus and other issues can for sure create mood swings. I'd lean on the pills over tinnitus for mood swings. I remember when i was on anti-anxiety pills because of a DR's lame and wrong diagnosis and I had tons of mood swings and very bad ones on them. Thank god i was strong enough to know that those pills had changed me for worst and i was brave to ween off them and save my life and sanity...

• Like Like x 1
    4. Cityjohn
      Inspired

Cityjohn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5:10 PM 03/02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Scombroid food poisoning.
      I have definitely had the same a few times.. I don't think it's odd given our condition.

5. Lovetotravel76
      Inspired

Lovetotravel76 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown at this point.
      I have gone through the same thing and am still going through it now. I panic when I have to sleep sometimes and panic when I wake up and hear it. As we habituate and get used to it, hopefully the fear and panic will go away.

God bless you.

• Like Like x 1
    6. Florida John

Florida John Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise, and possible head trauma
      what pills were they? just wonder how many might be struggling with the same pills?

7. Florida John

Florida John Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise, and possible head trauma
      still on lamictal? Hows it working for ya these days?

8. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Yes. It does seem to help some. I may need to have it reduced because right now it is pretty potent.