More Ear Wax Since Tinnitus, Itchy

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ecip, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      So.. I've been looking for an answer on this, but anyone else have more, and more liquidy war wax production since T? I woke up again last night with my left ear itchy somewhere in there.. Hard to reach or locate the itch, but when I stick my pinky in there to try and give it a scratch it's quite wet. Almost like getting out of the shower with water in the ear. Not that much, but feels like it. Never remember having this much ear wax, and this liquid. It's strange. Once I tried to scratch the itch with a Qtip, but couldn't find the right spot and didn't want to stick it in any further than I did (I know my limit lol).
      Wondering what others experience is.

I've talked to a doctor about this and the ENT, but they didn't know what to tell me or if it's related, and their visual examination only showed that yes, there's some ear wax, but nothing unusual and no inflammation or any other thing.

2. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      You need to have a sample of earwax taken from your ear canal for lab examination. I am amazed that the doctors didn't do that and they were satisfied with just looking at your earwax.
      That itch is not normal, may indicate an infection with a pathogenic agent.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yea, hmm.. Good point. I'll have to ask a doctor about that.

4. Atlantis

Atlantis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Can you try putting olive oil in your ear? Three times a week. It should fix it.

5. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      Putting olive oil in the ear canal would block environmental sounds to reach the eardrum and would make the T sound much louder.
      I know what happened to me with just some water remained in the ear canal, I thought that I will kill myself.
      I personally do not know the properties of olive oil to kill all germs.

6. housemzk

housemzk Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 18, 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      concussions, wisdom teeth removal, neck, jaw, stress, noise?
      @Ecip - Did anything ever come of this? I have tinnitus in my left ear and it seems to also overproduce dry earwax. I also get the random itch and/or burning sensation.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nope. I still get the liquid ear wax sometimes, but not to the extent as I used to. To this day I've never gotten an explanation. If you do, let me know.

• Like Like x 1