Movie "Annihilation" Sound Levels

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Chaz, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Chaz

Chaz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Just wanted to give everyone here a heads up about sound for anyone that want's to see Annihilation.

The movie was fairly quiet, no over the top explosions or anything, mostly dialog.

However, towards the end of the movie there is a scene that has extremely loud music/sounds that last about 15-20 secs.

I wear foam plugs when I go to the movies and even with those, that scene was pretty intense. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up about that part if they go see it.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    2. h-m-1994
      Confused

h-m-1994 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 3rd, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TTTS + Stress
      As I live in the UK, I'll have to wait for it on Netflix, thankfully with subs and low volume. Does it have music that goes all "BWARM" like BR 2049? Because I saw that and thankfully didn't get a spike as I had earplugs, but man that film did get pretty bloody loud at points.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Chaz

Chaz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      I didn't see BR 2049 so I cant really compare it, But it was like all electrical/ horn sounding and if you say "BWARRRRRRM" out loud it did sound pretty similar.

4. Emperor-Drax

Emperor-Drax Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud bang on metal with a mallet
      Hans Zimmer's "BRAAAAHHHM" harming tinnitus? I'm sorry, as a film score nut, that just tickles my funnybone.

5. Ryzen

Ryzen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bose Sleepbuds
      I'm convinced Jurassic Park: Fallen Kingdom led to my T to some extent. The action scenes at the end were insanely loud and made worse by all of the dinosaur noises being high frequency. It was the only time I recall feeling uncomfortable by the playback level.

6. Emperor-Drax

Emperor-Drax Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud bang on metal with a mallet
      The last time I felt uncomfortable watching a movie at the cinema due to excessive loudness was a terrible movie in 2011 called The Immortals. Before that it was all the way back in 1997 when I saw Air Force One - I swear I'd never heard anything in deaf-o-rama like that before or since!

Movies are mostly pretty moderate, but for hearing damage sufferers, I'd recommend taking a pair of musician's earplugs. You'll hear everything without it being muffled like you would with standard foam plugs - instead, it'll just lower the volume to a tolerable level.

• Agree Agree x 1