MRI Results

Discussion in 'Dr. Stephen Nagler (Archived Answers)' started by Lisa88, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Dr. Nagler is not accepting new questions.
    Dismiss Notice
tinnitus forum
    1. Lisa88

Lisa88 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi Dr. Nagler,
      Thanks for all your help on these boards. We are so very grateful.
      I had an MRI of IAC/Brain without contrast which noted an 8mm hyperintense in the left frontal lobe centrum semiovale with two additional 2 x 2mm foci immediately posteriorly.
      But just got the results of an MRI done a week later of the IAC/Brain with contrast, and it had no such findings at all. All was clear.
      Which one do I believe? Surely the one with contrast is more defined?
      Just appealing to your wisdom as a surgeon dealing with MRI with and without contrast in the past.
      Thanks, Dr. Nagler.
    2. Dr. Nagler

Dr. Nagler Member

Atlanta, Georgia USA
      Tinnitus Since:
      Hi Lisa -

Without seeing the scans themselves (and possibly reviewing them with a neuroradiologist), I would not be comfortable offering you an opinion. I am sorry.

I suggest that you ask whichever doctor ordered the studies in the first place to do just that: go over the scans and the reports with the neuroradiologist who interpreted them to give you a definitive answer to your very reasonable and important question.

Dr. Stephen Nagler