Much Has Changed....

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Kibby, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Kibby

Kibby Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2009
      since I started to research tinnitus online. I love how it's now just T or PT. Love it! I first started hearing a "wooshing" in my left year late in 2009. I think.

After visiting various ENT's, chiropractors, naturopaths, food intolerance tests, imaging and dentists, I gave up on figuring this out. Drives my husband crazy when I tell him that nobody will be able to help me but I CAN "CONROL IT."

Control it: sleep on my left side, take a deep breath-brief hold-slow exhale, two fingers lightly across my left carotid, valsalva, Zyrtec D, sinus rinses. Wake up call - I have basically let it control me.

It's time to take hold of the reins again. I've read that wheat and dairy can be triggers. I've already tried dairy so today I am going wheat/gluten-free for a few weeks. Dare I say I'll also give up caffeine?

In August I am visiting an ENT in Baltimore. I've read he won't look at me like I'm nuts when I describe my symptoms. Grateful for that recommendation from another website and even more that it's just down the road.

(Thank you ENT #2 for suggesting that I see a psychologist. What?)

Thank you for welcoming me. That was mildly therapeutic to type this introduction. Step 1, right?

• Like Like x 1
    2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, Kibby, and welcome!

I have both T and PT, too, and know what you've been going through I've heard good things about a doctor in Baltimore, too, and will be interested to hear what you find out.

Glad you've joined us here; I think it is definitely therapeutic to post here. You've come to the right place for information and support.

Again, welcome!

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. James
      No Mood

James Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Pulsing 03/2013
      Welcome Kibby,

What, give up coffee? I tried it, it didn't seem to work. I started drinking orange juice in the morning, all sugar.
      I think I gained a few pounds. I love my coffee. Go ahead, try quitting caffeine, and if it works let me know.

A psychologist? - I think that's who prescribed me the anti-depressant medication I take.
      They say "Oh, you have Tinnitus, try these pills". I can't control my T, but I do have times it seems better.

• Like Like x 1