Muffled/Plugged Hearing, Ear Ringing and Ear Pain After Concert

Discussion in 'Support' started by jake_la93, Nov 12, 2017.

1. jake_la93

jake_la93 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Prolonged use of headphones
      Hi Guys,

I am in a desperate situation here. My left ear is still ringing and feels quite blocked from a concert I was at 5 days ago in which me and my dad idiotically stood right next to the speaker as it was our favourite band. It's much better than when I came home from the concert, however for me usually the ringing after concerts stops after a few hours or at least by the morning but this time it has remained with muffled hearing which doesn't seem to be subsiding. My right ear seems to be fine and clear in terms of hearing. Also, I get ear pain which comes and goes for a few seconds but not too sharp especially in my left ear at random times. I went to Accident and Emergency and they said it could be Eustachian Tube Dysfunction as my inner ear looks healthy as well as my eardrum but I don't get the popping in the ears that comes with the Dysfunction.

Anyway, I told my parents that I was really, really worried and my dad said it will go away within two weeks as he had something similar back in the 80s where he thought he would be permanently deaf but after two weeks it disappeared. 5 days later, my ears are still no better. I have most of my normal hearing, except it just kinda feels like I lost 5% of my hearing in my left ear, if that makes any sense. I have taken a few online tests and the results came out perfect.

I am barely holding my tears in. Is this normal after a big, loud concert? Will this go away and how long might it take to go away? I'm only 24 years old and I have a full life ahead of me! I don't want to have permanent hearing loss. I'm so worried!! I am going to make an appointment with an ENT tomorrow. But in the meantime, what can I do?! I am actually so scared.

I need some reassurance and support.

Many Thanks

Jake

2. dingaling
      Asleep

dingaling Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown, probably loud music
      Hi Jake

How did your ENT appointment go? Did you have a hearing test and what were the results?

Once we know this information, we can advise more

• Useful Useful x 1