Muscle Soreness and Difficulty Breathing?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Rb86, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Rb86

Rb86 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/31/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Has anyone here developed muscle soreness after tinnitus onset? (Noise induced).

It's hard to describe, but my neck, tongue/jaw are slightly sore, as If I was jutting out my lower jaw for a long period of time.

Almost difficult to breathe.

2. Earing
      No Mood

Earing Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise
      You may be clenching and/or grinding (bruxism). This can cause tinnitus. You need to see a doctor. It could be anything...

• Funny Funny x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rb86

Rb86 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/31/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Mine is certainly noise induced... but perhaps I'm clenching in my sleep? I never have before. Doesn't seem to be that but I don't know. It's just odd to be sore in general...

It's like as if my jaw was open wide and tongue all the way out for a while... those muscles are what feels sore.

4. Earing
      No Mood

Earing Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise
      Are the glands at the front of your neck swollen and or sore?

5. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      before we assume this, we need to know if this person has a history of noise exposure, and he does. So why can't this be caused by noise injury?

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rb86

Rb86 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/31/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      No gland involvement that I can tell. Another comparison I could give is pushing your tongue against the roof of your mouth hard for a long time.

It's just like those muscles are fatigued. I wonder if it's the trazodone I take for sleep... I'm going to taper off and see if this improves.

7. Earing
      No Mood

Earing Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise
      I said "MAY" be clenching, and I followed it by "see a doctor it could be anything".

8. Mister Muso
      No Mood

Mister Muso Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2011 / April 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      My T is definitely noise induced but I also have bruxism and a somatic element. One ENT doc I saw couldn't get his head around how it was possible to have both.

Don't worry I'm not wasting my time on any new doctor's appointments apart from my favourite general practitioner...

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rb86

Rb86 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/31/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I got off the trazodone and that went away. Just FYI. Great drug for me for sleep and helped a little with the depression at onset. But yeah, I had those weird feelings of like a tongue fatigue or something. Anyway I got off it and it subsided.