Muscular Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by TimAZ, Nov 13, 2017.

1. TimAZ

TimAZ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm new to the forum.

Symptoms
      • Since August 2017.
      • Fluttering/beating in the left ear. It's not corresponding to the heartbeat. Resting heart rate is 65bpm. Fluttering is 200 bpm.
      • Comes and goes. Lasts days at a time. Duration seems to be shortening a little.
      • I can feel/hear it starting. The fluttering will start like two wires being touched together, and then it feels like the connection is made and the fluttering/beating starts. Then it's continuous.
      • No pain nor discomfort.
      • Moving around and music often covers it.
      • Physical exercise will trigger it both on and off. Usually, it turns it off. (It started last night after going to bed, and now is gone after going to the gym. )
      • Went to ENT last week. Hearing, ear structure and everything else tested is fine. ENT didn't have a solution. Thinks that it might go away on its own.
      • I may request an MRI.
      Has anyone else experienced this?

• Winner Winner x 1
    2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Sounds like Tonic tensor tympani syndrome (TTTS)...

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TimAZ

TimAZ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Maybe. I have some of those symptoms. I'm not experiencing any anxiety beyond the norm which is very little. Sounds started again last night in bed and again turned off at noon after a workout.

4. Steve Al

Steve Al Member

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi TimAZ
      A couple of weeks ago I started to experience an annoying fluttering sound in my right ear; much faster than my heart rate often lasting hours. I have found going for a walk outside and wearing earphones stops or masks the symptoms. There is no pain it is just annoying. I have seen my GP regarding it but I don't think he knows much about muscular tinnitus he suggests vitamin B and less coffee. I do not take any medications not even aspirin. From what I have read the likelihood is it may go away on its own but if not I may need muscle relaxants or as a last resort surgery to cut the affected muscle in my ear. Has anybody received successful treatment or advice for this condition?

Regards Steve Al :):dunno:

5. Steve Al

Steve Al Member

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi People
      For those suffering with Muscular Tinnitus there may be hope as in my case I have found that after 3 weeks of exercise, long walks, less coffee, magnesium, vitamin B, wearing ear phones when it go bad and meditation and prayer my problem has all but gone. I haven't heard any fluttering or pulsing in my ear for the last 3 days. I hope all of you find ways to alleviate your Tinnitus problem.

Good luck, God bless and I pray Gods' healing power manifests for you too.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    6. Lebber
      Scared

Lebber Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      mild head trauma (muscle tension)
      I would take Steve's vitamin tip to heart. Vit b and magnesium are good natural ways to alleviate muscular problems. If you decide to take a lot of magnesium dont forget to take calcium once in a while. Magnesium is very good for muscle relaxation but it can deplete calcium after a while. And calcium is also needed for normal muscle functioning.

Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
    7. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      I've talked to a lot of experts about neck somatic tinnitus and several have said that loss of normal lordosis, (curve in spine) is the number one cause. Many articles on the net say loss of normal lordosis can cause tinnitus. When loss of curve happens it can increase or develop others conditions and disease within the neck. Blood flow to the head can slowed down. Nerves and muscles can also be affected within the neck.

Loss of normal lordosis treatments that were recommended:

Start with someone doing gentle finger movements down and around your entire neck.
      Then do a series of spine exercises. Gentle slow movement of head in both directions.
      Start magnesium and B12 after a few sessions of therapy.
      Then maybe consider PT adjustments when neck is feeling less discomfort.

https://www.doctorshealthpress.com/general-health-articles/cervical-lordosis-exercises-treatment-importance-of-reversal/

• Like Like x 1
    8. Marleen

Marleen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yes! I have had something similar, but much worse. I can relate to the wires touching part. Like some electrical short circuit? My anxiety kicked in and resulted in much worse symptoms, and in desperation, treatment that probably made it worse(chiropractic). Greg, what experts have advised that muscular tinnitus is related to spinal positioning? Steve, have your symptoms resolved? I am still getting some fluttering but better than tympani drums and chainsaws and gongs, for nearly two months. Muscle relaxants and anti anxiety meds have helped for me.

9. Alvise
      Lurking

Alvise Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acustic Trauma in childhood with onset after 26 years
      I have loss of lordosis in my neck. Discovered just yesterday