Music at My School Making Me Insane!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Komodo, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Komodo
      Disappointed

Komodo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music/Stress
      Ok so, the retards at my school put loud music in my class and 1 month ago I got tinnitus and I realised that I have to give my ears a rest so I stopped listening to earbuds and I was more careful around noise...

But guess what there have to be some fuckers who decided to put loud music and either I'm gonna choke one to death cause they don't seem to listen either I'm gonna kill myself if my tinnitus gets louder...

Hate this retarded generation they don't seem to be listening to any shit and btw I'm writing this from my spot where the music is around 70 dB but not 80 or more like in my class...

Sorry for my swearing I'm so angry and anxious cause of my tinnitus it's mild but still annoying and I don't wanna make it louder ;-;

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. .bill

.bill Member

Tinnitus Since:
      december2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      from ear infection
      That's some real bad stuff speaking of retard I thought those days were gone.

3. Tinker Bell

Tinker Bell Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      Where is your teacher? Why are they allowing students to play loud music in their classroom? I would speak to the teacher or administration and make sure they are aware of your condition and willing to control their class.

4. Tinker Bell

Tinker Bell Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      That threw me, too. A derogatory term like that is not acceptable in the U.S. but maybe it's still used in other countries?

5. .bill

.bill Member

Tinnitus Since:
      december2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      from ear infection
      Dont think its allowed in any country surely not on this site I would think

6. Apocalypse77
      Loved

Apocalypse77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/8/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma (go-kart racing)
      I understand @Komodo 's frustration. In our school there was that guy dressed in a pig outfit and running around the school with a megaphone. I got so mad and started straight up hating this dude. It is so stupid when students do some stupid stuff like this of course they think that it wouldn't cause any harm. @Komodo good luck my friend I hope your T will go away. I am also a student and this year has been really hard for me. But I am sure we will both get through this awful stage of our life.

7. Fabrikat

Fabrikat Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis then volume then viral infection
      @Komodo, schools are noise factories. You're going to have to work out some strategies to either avoid the racket or perhaps wear some noise reducing ear plugs. If your tinnitus is particularly bothersome and is resisting any accomodation, I would even consider a change to a different facility. If you're in your senior years, perhaps an adult education institute or something like that. Drastic I know, but I'm also aware of how incredibly noisy schools can be. Having worked at a few, I would find it intolerable.

8. butterfly75
      No Mood

butterfly75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I understand your frustration. I graduated senior year last year and the classrooms can be very loud (although I wasn't aware I had tinnitus back then.) Could you talk to a guidance counselor or a school board member and ask for help? If you're trapped in the loud environments, maybe consider switching schools or homeschooling? Talk to the school board about it first and find out if there's any other option. You have a medical condition so if you explain the issues to them, they might be helpful.