Music Concerts After Tinnitus: My Experience and Doubts

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tiago Filipe, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Tiago Filipe
      Amazed

Tiago Filipe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Concert
      A long time ago, I posted a thread about my fear of going to a music concert, after getting tinnitus (the post is - https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/concert-doubts.20739/). I went to some concerts after that. From Rock to Jazz, Portuguese traditional music - you name it. Went to multiple parties, went clubbing, loud dinners, two weddings, to a fiteworks show... And saw Porto(soccer team) play here in Portugal twice a month (back in 2017).

My tinnitus is the same. I always carry my earplugs, I try to feel the low frequency sounds, because if I feel my ears "shaking or "trembling" I always leave. Now I'm going to a music festival, I'm gonna stay far from the sound generator and I'm going to buy new earplugs, so I can try different ones and conclude what's the best fit for me. I'm a bit nervous for this festival, but I guess I can do it. With the right protection, on the back of a show... I think it will be alright, but we never know.

The more you think about your tinnitus, the more it changes. That's my experience at least. Most of the events I went were loud, but i felt safe (and always measured the sound intensity), but the ones I started to feel anxious about, were the ones that felt dangerous for my tinnitus, so it created this illusion that the tinnitus frequency changed or something... The point it, when i calmed down, I realized that everything was still the same.

Should I buy some earmuffs for the concert?

• Like Like x 1