Music Induced Tinnitus: What Band Gave or Worsened Your Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Don Tinny, Dec 7, 2018.

1. HeavyMantra
      Bugridden

HeavyMantra Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Steadily worsening since 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      What kind of minor additonal noise exposure are we talking about?

2. Mark A
      Wishful

Mark A Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/05/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I am taking my best guess since I don't seem to get an immediate reaction following an exposure. I am also super cautions so I have very few incidences where I get caught off guard with noise, such as at the grocery store with slamming carts or car horns. It seems like it takes weeks for the nerves to die or do whatever they do to cause the tinnitus. But the first bad permanent spike I think was from a riding lawn mower for 2 to 3 hours with hearing protection on. I heard if it is really loud, the sound and vibration can travel through your body/skull and still do damage. My guess for the second recent spike was from a trip to Iceland about two months ago. I was super careful with protection through the entire trip, but I visited a couple of waterfalls up close without protection and it must have been louder than I realized. I did have a wool cap and hood over my head since it was so cold but probably not much help for hearing protection. I didn't hang out to long, just took pictures and left. I'm guessing up to 20 minutes total between to the two falls. I am super struggling with this new raging tinnitus.

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. Sven
      Fine

Sven Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1999
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band. "Stockholms Stadion", June, 1999 was the concert that started it for real. Three hours without earplugs. In retrospect the stupidity was incredible.

...especially since I had a two day ringing in my ears after a Van Halen concert in 1993.

4. alex1975

alex1975 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound induced
      After I went to a Marc Anthony concert in August and my cheap ear plugs kept popping out out. My T got a lot worse for about 2-3 months and now has improved quite a bit.