My Audiologist's Tinnitus Went Away

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Dginobile, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Dginobile

Dginobile Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, Satan perhaps?
      Hey everyone, so my audiologist was telling me about her tinnitus and how severe it was.

Hers went completely away right before her one year mark.

She said she doesn’t know exactly what caused hers, she believes it was either post concussion syndrome or from a concert because in the same week she got hit in the head with a softball and she also went to a loud concert, but she seem to think it was more likely the concussion.

But either way it’s good to hear that even after six months there’s a great chance of it going completely away.

She stated that she didn’t do anything special, she didn’t take any supplements, all she did was protect her ears, and since she’s an audiologist, she was able to get custom earplugs that filter certain sounds.

• Like x 6
      • Helpful x 2
      • Hug x 1
      • Informative x 1
      • Optimistic x 1
    2. TheDanishGirl
      Sad

TheDanishGirl Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017 (H since 06/2017)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      long term noise exposure (headphones), maybe some stress.
      I also have an aunt that got T from a bicycle accident, where she hit her head. She had it constant for about 6 months and then it vanished, although she says it comes back occasionally for some hours, but always goes away again.

Lucky her! Then again: T from too much noise is very different then T from a head accident.

• Like Like x 3
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    3. Emelie

Emelie Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (stress, tooth infection, medication, TMJ?)
      Thank's for sharing! How are you feeling? Any decrease in your T volume? I noticed that your story is similar to mine.

/Emelie

4. New Guy
      Doh

New Guy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced Hearing Loss
      That's encouraging. I'm fairly convinced that a positive attitude is one of the best medicines for T though I admit it's easier said than done.

• Like Like x 1
    5. Apolonia
      Disappointed

Apolonia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced, acoustic trauma
      Did her tinnitus change a lot, I mean like volume and types of sounds? Or was it always the same...?

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dginobile

Dginobile Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, Satan perhaps?
      @Emelie hi since using the Turmeric I have definitely noticed a decrease in the ringing however I've been under a lot of stress this past week so I’m back to concentrating on it. I’m trying to break out of that however, I still get angry it’s not 100% gone but I have to remind myself being angry will not make it any better. I wish I knew exactly what caused mine.

• Like Like x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dginobile

Dginobile Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, Satan perhaps?
      @Apolonia She said hers was a constant high pitched tone, she played it for me in her office and it sounded similar to what I hear and I can’t remember what it was like as it went away, she just told me Tinnitus can definitely go away and she has seen MANY other people recover 100%.

• Like Like x 3
      • Informative Informative x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    8. Charlie396

Charlie396 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      So interesting to hear everyone's different audiologist stories. From full of hope success stories to 'well, just wait and see what happens'