My Battle with Tinnitus Was Over

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Rick Garner, Apr 3, 2017.

1. MarkX

MarkX Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Lane
      Hey. Yeah I tried to do acupuncture pressure points and physiotherapy but they all seemed to aggravate it more than help it. I will look into gua sha. You have somatic tinnitus. Has yours decreased in volume at all? Yeah I've been trying everything but feeling nothing works. I’m so sad for kids that I’m like this. I’m just not the same person.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Lane

Lane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic Drug
      Hey @MarkX -- From what I can gather, somatic is just part of my overall tinnitus. I already had serious hyperacusis when my tinnitus got kicked off by a single dose of a drug in Feb. 2018. Not only did I get raging tinnitus, but my hyperacusis became much worse, to the point where I now feel I have Noxacusis.

In the beginning, my intense tinnitus sounded like obnoxious "screeching circadas". As the weeks/months rolled by, the circadas sound began to fade, but the screeching more or less took over and remained. That too began to fade slightly, but when that wasn't as prominent, a host of other sounds came to my attention, such a whistling, howling hollow sounds, high buzz, and others.

I feel I'm now at a place the these sounds are beginning to soften, perhaps up to 10%. But the progession over 16+ months has been toward a changing for the better. Though I didn't always realize it at the time, because no sooner was one sound less prominent, that other sounds became more prominent.

I've done many things over this time, but I would credit by almost daily mHBOT for the past six months as providing me with the modest improvements I've made so far. Perhaps more importantly. I feel the mHBOT added extra resilience to my brain and neurological system, so that I'm now coping 50%+ better than I was in the beginning.

3. MarkX

MarkX Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      That is good. I’m glad your coping better. Man to get all that with a single dosage is crazy. At least you know why you got it. I have no idea. It’s weird yours is somatic if yours was caused by meds? Usually I’m guessing stress or muscle neck issues. But tinnitus is crazy and hard to understand. This is crazy hard for me. Mine is very loud and find it hard to enjoy life. I have kids so it breaks my heart that I’m not like before. I can’t tell if mine has gotten better. I want to say it has but it’s extremely loud especially in a quiet room. It’s scary. ☹️

4. Lane

Lane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic Drug
      @MarkX -- Those two issues can actually go hand in hand, with either of them exacerbating the other. I've dealt with serious neck issues most of my life, and have done extensive research to try to improve things for myself. Of all the things I've done, a specialized atlas repositioning technique called AtlasProfilax was what improved things the most for me, which I've written about elsewhere on this forum.

THIS POST has 3 very short (positive) video testimonials on how AtlasPROfilax improved their tinnitus. I think other kinds of neck therapies could be just as helpful, such as Upper Cervical Chiropractic. Regarding AtlasPROfilax, I actually came up with some combined methods to almost replicate the results, just by working on myelf. If you're interested, I could provide a few details. Even if it doesn't improve your tinnitus, it might improve your neck, and reduce a lot of tension and stress at the same time.

5. Brianne

Brianne Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Hi all,

I think I have a similar story to share with you.

I have had tinnitus for 10 years and it never really bothered me. But lately due to a bad patch of depression I was put on SSRIs this increased my tinnitus drastically so I stopped the meds and the noise decreased back to normal.

I then decided to go swimming and ended up with a blocked left ear.
      GP told me i had fluid behind the ear drum and that it would clear on its own. The sense of fullness did clear.

However, I was left with a high pitched sound mostly on the ear that was blocked.

I went back to the GP and was told to use the steroid nasal spray but was also told that “they don’t send to ENTs” for tinnitus anymore, even though there is a special tinnitus clinic near me...

After a couple of weeks of stress because of the noise, I ended up going private and pay for an ENT dr myself. He put a camera up my nose and saw that my Eustachian tubes are all messed up.

I was prescribed a cortisone spray (stronger than Flonase), otovent, Neti pot x3 per day and exercises to strengthen the muscles around the Eustachian tubes.

It’s been a week and I don’t know if it’s the stress going down due to knowing what’s wrong or the treatment already working...but I feel a bit better. Not perfect but better.

Just looking for a bit of reassurance that I’m on the right track.

Sound is high pitched and crickets. Xanax did help but I don’t want to take it...

• Like Like x 1
    6. Lesya

Lesya Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unnknow
      @Brianne , I do think that eustechian tube distinction and neck problems are the major course for tomorrow... In most cases. ETD is very difficult to heal it takes time, a lot of time, and patience. I continue to go to my chiropractor and try to keep my et clean. It is very hard here in Kansas as it seems like everything is blooming here all year long :)
      I was to prescribed SSRI last year due to hormonal issues during perimenopause... Which I didn't know was happening to me at that time. I work at mental health clinic, so I know everything about those medications, so I don't believe SSRI can course T... Ibuprofen Yes.
      I continue to use Flonase, also meditate... Slowly but surely it's getting BETTER. It was horrible the first 3-4 months, I thought I will never be the same.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    7. MarkX

MarkX Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Lesya
      Is your tinnitus still better? Is the nasal spray still working?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    8. Lesya

Lesya Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unnknow
      Yes, it's getting better and better. Just white noise, very quiet. I hear it only if I try to listen. how are you doing?

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    9. MarkX

MarkX Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I’m so happy for you. Yeah I started the nasal spray again. My tinnitus still seems the same now but I just started. So I’m hoping. Does yours still get louder when you turn your neck or jaw even though its baseline is low? So if you're in a quiet room or closet it’s still very low? Mine is still very loud in a quiet closet.

10. Brianne

Brianne Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Hey @Lesya and @MarkX do your Eustachian tubes crackle when you yawn or swallow? I can actually crackle mine on command too...

11. Lesya

Lesya Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unnknow
      No, it stopped reacting to anything. It is quiet in quiet room as well. When it gets louder, I clean my nose, and it quits down. Sometimes, when I blow my nose a little bit too hard, I can hear hiss in my right ear.... But I don't frick out. I do not measure it at all, go with my life and make myself busy. The only thing I noticed, when I brush my teeth with electric tooth brush, it became louder, but calms down very quickly. Yesterday I had a very busy, loud day , went kayaking with my kids. So, my neck and shoulders are hurting, but no difference in my hiss.... Which is good. I still take turmeric every morning. I read All posts here, starting from 2015, and found a lot of people who had noise because of eustechian tube distinction... Some didn't even have symptoms, just tinnitus. So, I hope it will help. I waited for too long. I still do self talk " the noise is made by my body, so it's harmless, it's all mine, I should not be afraid of it."

• Like Like x 2
    12. Lesya

Lesya Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unnknow
      Brianne, yes, I hear it still at times. Much less though

• Like Like x 1
    13. Brianne

Brianne Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      @Lesya would you say that when the ears stop crackling, the tinnitus goes down?

14. Lesya

Lesya Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unnknow
      Yes, I can say that. But again, I stopped monitoring myself a month ago or every longer. I know that I could not pop my left ear for several months. Now it pops when I blow my nose.

• Like Like x 1
    15. MarkX

MarkX Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Lesya
      How is it going? The spray still working well? Been using the spray for about a week. Still no change. Seems to kinda get louder when I use it? Did you have that happen?