My Brain Really Loves to Play Games with Me

Discussion in 'Support' started by Believin' Steven, May 14, 2017.

1. Believin' Steven
      Cowboy

Believin' Steven Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Prolonged use of in ear headphones during sleep
      After a spike last week, my T set itself back to baseline and I was able to get some good sleep. I was finally starting to enjoy some things in life. My rugby team won after a losing streak of 7-8 matches, I was getting back into one of my favourite shows and actually having a laugh with my mates.

Then tonight it all goes away as the high pitched ringing comes back.

It's almost like my brain doesn't want me to be happy. Like it is addicted to my depression. I am just so fed up.

• Hug Hug x 4
    2. Johnnysback

Johnnysback Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      That can be tough and i hear you. I forgot about my t for about 2 weeks...wasnt focusing on it all. Enjoying day to day stuff...heard it as usual in the morning but was focusing on listening beyond the T. Playing my pc games again and boom....had a spike and started dwelling on it again. Felt like i was normal again for a little bit

3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Now that T had gone back to its normal level one time, you know that this is what will likely happen this time too. The depressing part about T is the thought that it will always be this bad. I think you have a reason to hope that Eventually these spikes will stop. Until then, there is nothing one can do...

4. Rick Garner
      Fine

Rick Garner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/ 2016 (T free since mid March 2017) 
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD (most probably)
      Mine settled to base level starting third month and never had a spike until it went away during month no. 6. It is all our mind, when we pay more attention to tinnitus, it comes back with a vengeance.

5. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      If it seemed better before, it can be better again. What gets me through the rough days is hope for a better day tomorrow.

• Agree Agree x 1