My Doctor Visit — 2nd Opinion

Discussion in 'Support' started by garywi, Feb 16, 2017.

1. garywi

garywi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      So my first ENT visit was bad, just sucked the wax from my ears and sent me home, and doctor wanted MRI of my head which was done and came out normal. Then after that said nothing they could do. I have ringing on and off in left year. Wakes me up at night. So I then pursued a second opinion from the Mayo Clinic in Phoenix, AZ. I guess I expected more from Mayo but again, got the answer, not much we can do. Ears are fine. I have no hearing loss. They wanted to send me to get nutritional tests and look into acupuncture.

I had to stop pursuing this as I accumulated too many doctor bills. Now I am left with what can I do myself to cope. I do fine in the day. Its at night, trying to sleep on one side of my head so the left ear is away from pillow to hear the noise makers I have in the room. When I roll over and my left ear gets buried in pillow, I wake up due to ringing. Frustrating.

I have not tried any other self treatment to make this better. Has anyone on this site compiled a list of what has generally worked for most if anything? I wish I could sleep better. I don't want to take any benzos.

Thanks

2. Tommi_boi
      Thinking

Tommi_boi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/04/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      So what is the question ? Are you saying the ear wax removal caused it ?

• Useful Useful x 1
    3. VRZ78

VRZ78 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral Infection
      You can try using natural sounds at night using a good quality speaker and set the volume level just below your tinnitus. Check out the tinnitus talk player

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. maltese
      Batty

maltese Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Club
      You can play nature sounds on a speaker. Set the volume so that you can still hear your tinnitus. Don't listen to your ringing, concentrate on nature sounds.

You can try herbal remedies to help with sleeping.

5. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @garywi ,
      Ask your doctor about melatonin to help you sleep and keep sound on around you at night.
      I find turning my watch round and putting it by my ear helps and really quiet or playing sounds.
      I do sleep with medication with rough nights with spikes.
      Lavender on your pillow is a good help to sleep and a great distraction....lots of love glynis