My Doctor's Solution: $7000.00 Hearing Aids — Not Covered!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mark H, May 15, 2015.

1. Mark H

Mark H Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2005
      I was so hopeful even after they said the price. $7000.00 !!! Then a pause.

"Oh your insurance won't cover these"

I felt like I had been shot in the face. I knew in my heart that they would only cover up the T anyway and I tried to just shrug it off...but it broke me. I feel very alone. My doctor acts like I have a mental illness and now has withdrawn my disability.

I feel like I am falling down the rabbit hole. I never had tinnitus until a Doctor touched me! Now they are abandoning me. I have had it for ten years and had habituated...but it got worse over time and now rages like a thousand crickets and two distinct piercing tones...24 hours a day.

...and my remaining kidney is failing so I am doomed anyway, but it is apparently running well enough where they say I am not disabled ....YET. They wait until you are almost dead and on dialysis before they give you disability and tell you that tinnitus is NOT disabling. YEAH RIGHT!

I am too young to be this F*&^ED!

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. dboy
      Jaded

dboy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2007 & 8/2013
      Sounds like you are getting a rough deal Mark. Your doctor must have passed his 'uncaring arrogance' module in medical school with flying colours. At least you know that the hearing aids would not be a great solution... some folks seem to get worse with them (they do amplify sound).

Best wishes.

3. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Change doctors.

4. Leah

Leah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      So very sorry, is there another doc who can help? FYI, I paid out if pocket for hearing aids even though my heading loss is slight. Will try anything!! 6,000 later no help.
      At the time I thought I was getting TRT therapy, was mislead. I will die with a balance on my credit card.