My Ears Are Perfect After a Year

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by sigridcornelia, May 31, 2019.

1. sigridcornelia

sigridcornelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 17, 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Combination of stress, anxiety, a cold and a flight.
      Guys, I am so happy right now. I just got back from my appointment with my ENT and it seems that after a year of ear pressure, hearing loss and tinnitus, my ears are now perfect after treatment.

For the last 11 months I was using nasal sprays like Nasonex and Dymista. Since january 2019 I’ve been using Dymista after I used Nasonex for 6 months. I thought it didn’t do anything for my ears, but today I got a hearing test again and a pressure test. It seems that a year ago I had 30 dB hearing loss. I didn’t have any fluid behind my ear. Just eustachian tube dysfunction and symptoms of having a cold. Today I have 7 dB hearing loss in both ears, which is actually perfect, as the woman who did the test told me. Also the pressure in my ears is perfect and I can travel by plane again.

My tinnitus is still there. But the good thing is that probably it’s not because of hearing loss or damage. My ENT thinks there is a big chance I have it due to TMJ. I have a lot of problems with my jaw and my tinnitus seems worse after a night of clenching. I have a night guard and I do a lot of TMJ exercises. After doing those exercises my tinnitus reduces with at least 20%. So I will keep doing them, and I will work on stress reduction. I have hope that one day it will reduce to an acceptable level, or maybe it will go away completely, eventually. And if not, I will deal with it. After a year of suffering I’m already caring less and less. It’s becoming part of me, and as long as there is no treatment for tinnitus, there is actually nothing else you can do but accept the situation for what it is, and let it be.

So, in some cases there is hope, and treatment will work (for at least a part of the problem). Wish you guys the best!!

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. MarkX

MarkX Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Is your tinnitus somatic? Can you change the volume by turning your neck or opening your jaw?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sigridcornelia

sigridcornelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 17, 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Combination of stress, anxiety, a cold and a flight.
      I can change the volume of my tinnitus by clenching my jaw. My tinnitus changes every day, but it’s mild these days.

4. Bunny_Lover1230

Bunny_Lover1230 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5 months
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Tmj/chewing gum everyday for 3 months
      @sigridcornelia how are you doing now? I am going through a similar situation and looking for some success stories!