My Friend's Tinnitus Went Away

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Dginobile, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Dginobile

Dginobile Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, Satan perhaps?
      A friend of mine that got Tinnitus after a car accident due to post concussion syndrome said hers went away after 7 months, it was a constant drone like sound 24/7, she said she didn’t take supplements or anything it just went away when she stopped stressing over it. And Prayer she is a believer in Prayer ❤️

• Like Like x 4
      • Winner Winner x 3
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
      • Useful Useful x 1
    2. Agrajag364

Agrajag364 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Within remission stories it is quite common for people to say that it went away when they stopped stressing about it. But it also becomes a lot less stressful when it gets quieter so it's hard to know whether the chicken or egg came first

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
      • Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 2
    3. Lebber
      Scared

Lebber Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      mild head trauma (muscle tension)

Very nice to hear. I have it due to pcs myself. Its one of the last symptoms remaining. A big part of pcs is indeed waiting it out and relaxing. There are many studies that show that stress plays a big part in prolonging pcs symptoms (in combination with other factors and the physical injury itself of course).

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dginobile

Dginobile Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, Satan perhaps?
      @Equalizer well first of all I STILL have screaming T in my head 24/7 soooo don’t say I “can’t imagine your jealousy & envy” BUT for you to even state that a reduced number of Tinnitus sufferers makes you even more depressed and feeling alone in this hell is a VERY selfish thing to say/feel!!! I want mine to go away like anyone else suffering but I don’t want someone else to continuously suffer with me!!! This is a SUCCESS section and if it makes you sad to know others are no longer suffering then don’t click on this section I posted this to let others know T from PCS can go away on its own in time!

• Agree Agree x 7
      • Like Like x 3
      • Hug Hug x 3
    5. Agrajag364

Agrajag364 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Well you do get the odd success story in the success stories forum, though it's often someone's friend rather than a person directly. Hearing success stories is better than never hearing them.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    6. Lebber
      Scared

Lebber Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      mild head trauma (muscle tension)
      I agree. Although i envy the people who get rid of it, im genuinly happy for them. Nobody deserves ilness.

And the succes stories gives some hope, especially for people who have gotten it recently and are thinking "how can i live with this". The thing that feares people the most is that is is potentially lifelong. If we could look into the future and know that we'll only have t for a year, then we wouldnt care so much.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    7. Starlord

Starlord Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      If it weren't for these success stories, I would have probably been history by now. These stories help give me the extra push and energy that I need to keep going. This is why I barely ever read regular threads anymore, and only come back on once or twice a week to check if the success thread number has gone up.

While I do get envious and upset sometimes that my T hasn't gone like a similar person's has, I still am happy for them and hope that I'll soon join them. But what really drives me insane is those people who don't do a thing to help themselves. They just look for anything that they can latch on to to make themselves feel worse.

Being gloomy and negative on this forum is easy work, but whats difficult is being positive in spite of the suffering. Lets say that we are at a Mood Level of ZERO. A negative person brings that mood down to NEGATIVE ONE. It takes a positive person to bring that back up to ZERO. And additional effort from that same person to bring it to POSITIVE ONE, so that they instill hope, inspiration and confidence. So this forum has many admirable people. But what we need less of is "omg look at me suffering" type of people...those that need the attention and live off of it. Do something to help someone else and then you might even feel better about yourself and your own condition.

• Like Like x 3
    8. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I suggest that you place people who make posts that you disapprove of on your Ignore list.

9. Ken219
      Frustrated

Ken219 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Summer of 1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure?
      @Bill Bauer No need to be vile or ignorant of other peoples' feelings. How does one ignore a member?
      Thanks

10. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Click on their username, and then you will see an "Ignore" text link on the right side of the window that pops up.

11. Ken219
      Frustrated

Ken219 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Summer of 1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure?
      • Like Like x 1