My Husband Acquired On/Off Tinnitus After 2nd Shot of Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Dawn Davis, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Dawn Davis

Dawn Davis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 12, 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Covid Vaccine
      My husband has had tinnitus on and off after his second shot of Moderna COVID-19 vaccine. It comes on out of nowhere along with an upset stomach, sometimes he vomits. He is hard of hearing and his hearing is much much worse. He also get very weak and shaky. His health is very compromised after having very bad tremors from a medication this past year. Today he was fine when he got up. He showered, ate breakfast. About noon he said he was getting shaky and his ears were ringing. He was so bad he couldn't walk to the bathroom. I had to call the Fire Department to help me get him in the car to take to the ER.

Has anyone else had these problems? When I talked to our PCP, he said these were side effects from the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine.

Last week he went to VA for a yearly physical along with blood work. Everything was ok. He also went to the cardiologist who ordered a stress test and an ultrasound of the legs because the foot doctor said the pulse in one foot was weak.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. Leila
      Daring

Leila Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1 chiropractic treatment, 2 and 3 no cause
      Hi Dawn, I'm sorry to hear about the effects your husband's vaccine injuries are having on his health and the quality of his life. I hope for him that the side effects he is experiencing are short term and will be abating soon.

Since, oftentimes, tinnitus seems to spike with anxiety tell him to try to slow things down as much as possible and experiment a little with "activities" that will give him periods of relief. Walking and soft music with the bass turned down to as close to zero as it gets e.g. make my tinnitus more bearable. Others have mentioned their tinnitus being drowned out by nature sounds or while showering. I guess, it's a little try and error in the beginning.

What didn't help with my tinnitus but worked well against my stomach pains and an overall feeling of fatigue is Aronia juice. Maybe read up on it a little online and see if you / your husband want to give it a try yourselves.

• Like Like x 1
    3. MaryA

MaryA Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Moderna Vaccine
      Please read my posts about my experience after the 2nd Moderna vaccine. I had terrible anxiety and panic. Never in my life did I have that. The ringing was so bad I wanted to die.

Thank God for this forum.

I'm about 77 days or so out with some improvements. Anxiety and panic gone. Tinnitus has come down to a level where I don't want to die. I returned to work. I'm still trying to get any ENT to let me try something to calm it down but ENTs have been a huge disappointment to me.

The people on this forum are more informed than them... and I'm in health care, nurse administrator.

Please hang in and message anytime for support for your husband. (((Hugs))) My prayers are with you both.

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1