My Journey to Silence

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Kara77, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Bob den Hartog

Bob den Hartog Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noice induced
      Sounds like reason enough to start wearing that splint again at night! And probably also during the day, if you keep having the habit of taking it out at night. I’m having the splint in right now, because I know I have the automatic, subconscious habit of having my back teeth touch, which I’m seldom aware of. Wearing that splint trains me in not doing that. If you train your jaws enough, they might stop doing it at night as well.

Having my splint in for just an hour, and it already feels weird to have my back teeth touch when I take it out. All of a sudden I notice I have to force my lower jaw a bit to the back, in order for them to ‘fit’.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Bob den Hartog

Bob den Hartog Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noice induced
      By the way, if I sleep in a certain position, on my belly with my head to the left, it aggravates my T, so I’ve stopped doing this. Is this another sign my T could be TMJ related?

I know it started with acoustic trauma, but my doctor then noticed a LOT of earwax and syringed it. That evening, I had silence for a while, only for it to return a few days later - more annoying than before. From then in I started noticing the crunching ear sounds when swallowing, and a ‘full’ ear feeling after running, which I did not have when I ran before the syringing.

Could all this point to inflammation related worsening?

3. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      @Kara77 -- Have you found some techniques that work especially well for you? -- Thanks!

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kara77

Kara77 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      @Lane
      Sorry for the late response!

Make sure your jaw is completely relaxed, back teeth not touching at all. Keep your shoulders relaxed, reduce any anxiety you may have. Easier said than done, I know! Anxiety =Pressure = Tinnitus. If you can see a neuromuscular massage therapist, that was the holy grail for me. :)

• Like Like x 1