My Parents Are Crazy. They Are Trying to Destroy Me.

Discussion in 'Support' started by IvanRus, Dec 3, 2018.

1. IvanRus

IvanRus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity
      My parents did not believe for a single day that organic changes happened to me, which caused tinnitus. My mother is still convinced that I was just mad, and I invented my own ringing in my ears.

I have not tried to prove anything to her for a long time.

They really do not understand that I miraculously was able not to rush under the train at the very beginning. I myself still do not believe how I could show such a will, and stay alive. I'm a maniac for life.

I tried to explain one thing to them - so that they would not make scandals with screams and blows with iron kitchen objects on the stove and table. It exhausts me, bends down to the ground.

But it seems it doesn't help to try and explain things to them - they live in their dimension, where a loud metallic knock is not as dangerous as it is for me, and that I have to fight with ruthless spikes after each such event.

They do not understand, and do not want to understand.

Today, mother again made a hell of a scandal from scratch, striking an iron stick on the table right next to me. I almost fainted when this loud sound pierced the brain. I am terribly worried, because I asked her not to do so.

I do not want to fight the spikes again, which turn you into an asocial vegetable that is not able to work and live.

I think that explaining and asking them is useless. I must become maximally independent. And never, never, never again see my parents.

They never believed in me.

• Hug Hug x 17
    2. Wolfears

Wolfears Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 20/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely accoustic trauma
      You need to remove yourself from that environment ASAP.

Do you have any other family or friends you could stay with?

If so, you need to make your move before your parents' ignorant attitudes kill you.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Like Like x 1
    3. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      I'm in a very similar situation.

• Hug Hug x 3
      • Informative Informative x 1
    4. Agrajag364

Agrajag364 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      That is so awful, I am so sorry. Are there others in your life more believing of you?

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Bam

Bam Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/stress
      Often we fail to see the true nature of our own parents because we are blinded by love and conditioned to trust and have faith in them even if our inner voice is trying to alert us otherwise. At least you have seen the light........Now run far far away before more irreparable damage is inflicted.

• Agree Agree x 3
    6. Steve G

Steve G Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20th November 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Slap to left ear made worse by ultrasonic dental clean 2019
      Not many understand. Take wolfears advise and move on.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. jjflyman

jjflyman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise (Concert)
      Are you saying she purposely did this to cause your tinnitus to spike?
      That is assault.
      If anybody did that to me they'd still be picking their teeth off the floor, I don't care who it is.

8. coffee_girl
      Innocent

coffee_girl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      All my life, but got worse 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      Your parents are unaware of the true horror of tinnitus. Are you able to move away and not live with them anymore? I think in their mind it is their home and they do not want to abide to rules that make no sense to them. I completely understand the frustration and anger that comes with not being able to stop things that are out of your control.

Best thing to do is move out

• Agree Agree x 2
    9. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Some mothers and fathers take it personally when their children are having hardships because they are already insane and they can't acknowledge their children's plight because it makes them feel like they are failures. These are neurotic people that aren't capable of empathy. People that have not experienced this cannot understand.

• Agree Agree x 3
    10. Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      maybe maybe: Get some Bluetooth earbuds and show them what tinnitus is like, see how long they last before going crazy and then explain that tinnitus is a real thing and that you have this sound 24/7 and what they do is making it worse.

11. Alex Matyjasek
      Not amused

Alex Matyjasek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8 September 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress? Who knows...
      You're unlucky to have incomprehensive parents. This is a rare condition where ignorance comes into play. You should get out as soon as possible before you get more irreversible life long damage. Some times we get into uncontrollable situations where the only thing that counts is yourself. Maby when you start to make the first step your parents will realise the situation you are in. Good luck!

• Agree Agree x 1
    12. Emperor-Drax

Emperor-Drax Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud bang on metal with a mallet
      I recently walked away from a music related forum where I'd been posting for 16 years. Unfortunately the posters there weren't all that supportive regarding hearing damage, probably because the thought of having it happen to them was too terrifying a thought, so they were casually dismissive of it as a bizarre way of coping with the notion of not being able to listen to music anymore. So consequently, they became snarky about it and revealed their ignorance by dismissing it as "just an ear ache". I'd had it with them and their attitude and just left without fanfare.

I know that doesn't compare to the situation the OP is enduring, but it's just another view into the mainstream's lack of knowledge on hearing damage and the monumental impact it can make on a person's life.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1