My Posting Place

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by threefirefour, Sep 2, 2017.

1. HeavyMantra
      Bugridden

HeavyMantra Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Steadily worsening since 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yeah, and Sweden was dumb enough to swallow bait hook and sinker and just let "Syrian refugees" waltz in along with anybody else who wanted to come. Only men btw, almost no female refugees

We probably have the most terrorists per capita in.any western country now. Going to get interesting!

Yeah, I'm having a bad day and just generally hate everything right now

• Hug Hug x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Makes you wonder.....

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    3. HeavyMantra
      Bugridden

HeavyMantra Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Steadily worsening since 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Haven't heard about that, but it's a matter of time

Study Sweden well if you want to see a country committing suicide volontarily by replacing it's own population with people from some of the most troubled countries in the world

It's honestly so mad I can't even begin to explain. And people younger than me don't even remember the time when this country was something completely different.

4. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I changed my quote because that's not right. I misunderstood something I read and had to double check myself. I don't even think there is a border between Sweden and Denmark.

• Creative Creative x 1
    5. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      I can relate brother...

Dig deep, get out in nature and center yourself. You are smart, you are strong, and we know love is your way. Have a good day, make it good... you are important and your message is important. Stay strong, let’s not give in to our corporate overlords.
      Get out to nature and forget the negativity.

That’s my goal now. Although nature is real beautiful, nature is not close, I am gonna work in my garden, do some art, and nurture the love.

What’s the alternative? Be a complete asshole... that’s not gonna work.
      Get back to your roots HeavyMantra... we need you.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    6. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Post note... Americans kill each other more than outside invaders. We had more murders at home than the entire Vietnam war... we love our guns... but hate breasts...
      Strange... you’d think SM would be more popular here.

7. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Why did you post this here?
      Are you saying that the US ought to go after every tyrant and dictator out there? Who else is a tyrant who should be deposed? Putin? The leaders of Saudi Arabia and the Philippines? Is the leader in Laos a bit of a tyrant?
      The difference here is that he is said to have used those chemical weapons every time he begins winning, when he has no incentive to do so (unless his goal is to give foreign countries a flimsy excuse to attack him).
      What are you talking about?! This is a rare time when Trump has been acting in accordance with his campaign promises. Right?!

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    8. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      It is my understanding that the same thing has happened after the Iraq war. They should have learned from the past.

• Agree Agree x 3
    9. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I never said we should attack dictators, or tyrants or be the world's police... you inferred that... those were not my words... my friend Bill. You said that not me. I find our foreign policy appalling, but never did I say invade Iraq, Saudi Arabia, or Syria for that matter.

I did say we betrayed the Kurds who fought for us and did our bidding. You may feel free to disagree on that point... so be it.

We disagree about Assad, but I think Stalin and Hitler we can agree on.

I don’t like getting into politics here, but we’re here so I might as well address a Trump. I don’t like the guy, but I liked his opening speech when he took office that was reminiscent of the new deal, pulling the nation together for for projects to progress our nation.
      The difference between him and Putin for me, is Putin is a better chess player and more savvy with international Machiavellian politics.

Post note... I never said “the US should go after every tyrant”... you did.
      Slow it down brother... I understand your frustration, but in this case I think it was displaced.
      I do consider you my intellectual superior, and have a great respect for your brain...
      But I think you missed the mark on this one my friend.

Sincerely Daniel

• Agree Agree x 3
    10. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Because it is astounding that such evil people have the utter audacity to present the happy couple image to the world publicly. We already know for a fact that Bill was on Epstein's plane to that sex slave island numerous times. Hillary has to know it. It's called a sham marriage. Disgusting.
      That's a good point. The idea that he is a half retarded evil person that would do such a thing with no military purpose other than to just murder people while giving the rest of the world a reason to actually attack his government is just cartoonish.

• Agree Agree x 2
    11. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      We are still helping.

12. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Lots of people murder their own people... there’s a long president of this...
      Do we need examples... Pol Pot, Hussein, Papa Doc in Haiti, Mugabe, Ida Amin...
      Lots of people murder their own people and others. Maybe they are sick in the head.
      I have not a one family member left from Warsaw, we got gassed and burnt by the thousands. Primo Levi wrote about this... were these leaders “retarded”, not by clinical terms. Stalin killed millions, was he retarded? Was Hitler retarded?
      Consolidate power, kill the opposition... that’s straight up Machiavellian politics.

I just want my ears better, and feel really sorry for the Syrian civilians, dentists, moms, kids who got caught up in the cross fire and had their skins burned off with phosphorous bombs, not dropped by Mr. Assad but by our boys trying to root out Isis in the city of Raqua.

• Like Like x 1
    13. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who do you think was/is funding ISIS? Where did they get all of those fleets of shiny new Toyota pickup trucks?

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    14. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I hope so, the country is in shambles. Oil is gold and the pipes that carry it are off great geopolitical importance.

Back to ears... and Huey Lewis, “I want a new drug”

• Agree Agree x 1
    15. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don’t honestly know... The Saudis, the US... I honestly don’t know. I spent a few weeks after an operation reading about them... holy shit... selling girls in markets, beheading people... scary stuff... you tell me... who funded them?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    16. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
    17. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yepppp... go figure. We cow tow to the Saudis, the Saudis were ultimately behind the funding for September 11th. I read the article you posted... not surprised at all. Business as usual...

Back to ears John.... fuck it, these guys are beyond our reach...
      Take care buddy.... have fun with the family and let’s hope the drug companies can get a little fire in their asses.

• Agree Agree x 1
    18. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      You said that he was a dictator. What is the US to do about it?
      True, but not bringing the troops home is a betrayal of the troops and the voters. Right?

• Agree Agree x 2
    19. reeseth

reeseth Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Menieres
      Quote from swedish paper ”expressen”

The shootings and bombings in Denmark that have been linked to Swedish perpetrators are now causing Danish politicians to act.

From November 12, border control will be introduced against Sweden.

"We see developments in Sweden and do not want it to spread to Denmark," said Justice Minister Nick Hekkerup at a press conference.

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    20. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      So I was sorta correct. I thought I read something like that. Thanks fren.

• Like Like x 1
    21. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not necessarily, when you go into foreign countries you can’t just fuck about and then bail... maybe not going in the first place is a better option...

What do we do about dictators, let’s assume there’s as much as a third of the world that fits that criteria, or less... not the point... how about do nothing with a few exceptions like mass exterminations and genocide.

The Chinese model seems far more productive... trade, building infrastructure as opposed to war.

Bill the world is complex, if we don’t keep an eye on Pakistan and various other places where terrorists are plotting, we’re gonna get screwed.

Sadly, we get screwed either way, including homegrown nut jobs.

I have no easy answers... at this point we can’t avoid all wars, but many we can.
      The Middle East, was a total shambles... after Rabin’s assassination, by a fellow country man, I pretty much gave up.

I gotta take the kids to school now... so I am gonna clock off...

Let’s let this one rest... come back to it later... I hope you are well, and I am gonna try to same...
      Be good friend...

• Like Like x 1
    22. Manny
      In pain

Manny Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      central gain << NIHL
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    23. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      • Like Like x 1
    24. urgentresearch
      Probing

urgentresearch Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (possibly withdrawal-induced)
    25. ChrisBoyMonkey

ChrisBoyMonkey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      As having been a soldier myself, I have to say Daniel is completely right. As a soldier, fighting is what is expected of us. There is no betrayal there, it's what we're there to do.

Politically, abandoning the Kurds is a terrible decision. It makes us look bad, like we busted a hit it and quit it on them, especially in an area that is very critical to us. They in turn might ally themselves with other countries that may ome day become out enemies, and other neutral countries will take note of this. It will make them think twice if we were to ever need their help. "America First" is a short term investment, with very bad long term consequences.

• Agree Agree x 1
    26. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Fighting for YOUR country. Not fighting for other countries. If the US were to not attack those far away countries, those countries would never attack the US.

Over 10 years ago, I had also been supporting some of those wars, but at Some point (say after the war lasts for close to 20 years), one has to confront the insanity of it all.
      What have they ever done for the US?
      The point is that the US should never ever need their help! The only reason to need their help is if something were to happen in North America. The US has no business anywhere outside of its own territory, and it won't ever need to ship the Kurds to fight battles in, say, Colorado.

• Like Like x 1
    27. ChrisBoyMonkey

ChrisBoyMonkey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Yes, ultimately this is about MY country. Perhaps you're too short-sighted to see that. If a country helps as take down some radical terrorists that want to see us fall, then we abandon them in their hour of need as they are being slaughtered, that doesn't exactly make us look like a good ally now does it? We need all the friends we can get, especially with Russia, China, and North Korea moving the way they are.

Ideally we don't need other countries to help, that was the original plan for the country, "laissez faire" is the term you're looking for. But as time has progressed and other countries start doing stuff that would ultimately become a bigger problem until we do something about it, allies have become a necessity, and laissez faire as not very beneficial for our country.

28. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      US wouldn't be on their radar if not for those "preventative" actions. Also there isn't much those radical terrorists can do when they are in their country. And the damage they Could do is dwarfed (need a more extreme word here!) by the cost of all of the wars.
      Kurds don't have a country. US has helped THEM, it wasn't the other way around. Time to end the freeloading.
      Do you see them landing troops in the US (without being seriously provoked)?!
      The damage they can do to the US (on US soil) is extremely limited.

• Agree Agree x 2
    29. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I am out of this chaps, staying clear of politics...

I leave you guys to it with the utmost respect for both of you as compassionate and smart people.

• Agree Agree x 2
    30. ChrisBoyMonkey

ChrisBoyMonkey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I'm done too. I could rebuttal, but it's not worth the time and effort to dissuade narrow minded people.

I spend enough of that trying to take my mind off the ringing.

• Agree Agree x 1